You are here

Lexicon Native reverb plug-ins : MPX or LXP ?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Lexicon Native reverb plug-ins : MPX or LXP ?

Postby Gone To Lunch » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 am

What are the essential differences ?

(MPX currently on special offer)
Gone To Lunch
Frequent Poster
http://www.gonetolunchmusic.com/

Re: Lexicon Native reverb plug-ins : MPX or LXP ?

Postby desmond » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 pm

You'll need to demo them really.

I quite like the interfaces on both. Neither have the beautifully clear tail of the PCM Native, and while the "MPX" hardware was a little bit more "upper-mid" market than the LXP, in terms of the plugins, the LXP seem to have more parameters and seems pitched above the MPX - and the LXP have the ability to crank up the tails to 150+ seconds, whereas the MPX tops out at about 20 seconds - not so good if you're a sucker for those "inifinite reverb" things (like I am!)

The MPX & LXP are a pretty good deal right now, but compare it to something like the Valhalla stuff and see if you like it. If I could choose one out of the two, I'd probably go to the LPX, but I'd compare it to what I already have first and see if it was really value for money...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby Gone To Lunch » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:04 am

Thanks Desmond for your reply.

Actually I already have the LXP, but I got curious about the MPX because it is suddenly very cheap ?

Although recently I have started to favour the Convo reverb in my DP over the LXP, especially with the free Bricasti impulses....
Gone To Lunch
Frequent Poster
http://www.gonetolunchmusic.com/

Postby desmond » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:10 am

Gone To Lunch wrote:Actually I already have the LXP, but I got curious about the MPX because it is suddenly very cheap ?

I don't think you would be getting anything over what you already have, tbh.
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby Dave B » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:24 am

I suspect that the cheapness is a way of drawing attention to them. I've got one of them - I think it's the LXP version - and I don't think I've even opened an old project containing one for years, let alone added one in. I got a free R2 reverb a while back (Focusrite owner offer) and I've been rather smitten with the Eventide 2016 reverb thingy (it is simple and sounds nice - I'll take that thank you).

Maybe I should test it out again ...
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)