You are here

Does anyone know how to sound like this rapper??

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Does anyone know how to sound like this rapper??

Postby ForeignFaraz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:42 am

Hello, This is so difficult finding online but does anyone know how Lil Baby gets his auto tune/voice to sound like this? I know its not just antares auto tune doing that because I have antares auto tune and it does not sound like that, theres a something else going on. Does anyone know thank you! Listen to these two songs for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqyNqxbCfO8
ven a different rapper has the same auto tune going on : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr6jII2UUu8 , its almost as if the auto tune is stronger and more frequent.
ForeignFaraz

Re: Does anyone know how to sound like this rapper??

Postby Zukan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Autotune and loads of modulation. Also bear in mind the vocals are drenched in effects.
Zukan

Re: Does anyone know how to sound like this rapper??

Postby Watchmaker » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:42 pm

I'm such a jaded soul I can't help but think posts like this are meant only to drive traffic to youtube for advert $$.

He sounds like that due to a series of production decisions intended to make him sound unique. There's maybe four people who know how they did it. If you want to capture something similar, work, experiment and play. If you want to craft your own sound, work, experiment and play. If you want to learn those specific production techniques, write a letter to the producer and see if you can get them to talk about how wonderfully clever they are. That's a surprisingly easy and often rewarding thing to do!
Watchmaker
Regular
Take my advice, I'm not using it.