You are here

My experience with Softube support on Console 1

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

My experience with Softube support on Console 1

Postby ore_terra » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:57 am

My Console 1 had worked flawlessly until a month ago more or less.

When I would press the button in the hardware to open the software window, it would just display an “error (11)” or “error(12)” and instruct me to unplug and plug the controller and restart the software, as well as confirm that I’m using the latest update.

After confirming I’m indeed using the last update, unplugging/plugging using all USB ports, including those in a TB hub without any change, I decide to email technical support.

That was 11th of Jun. one week after without any notice from them, I start googling, searching forums, etc and apparently it’s not an uncommon issue and nobody knows very well how to solve it, as Softube only advices you to use other USB ports and to use the original USB cable supplied.

In the end I’ve found a way to unblock it: with the DAW open (in this case cubase), when it fails just open the insert window and reassing the track number in Console 1 the usual way (it can be to the same number). For some reason this makes it come back from the coma.

On the 25th, technical supports finally comes back with the abovementioned instructions to verify I’m using the latest update, the original cable and other USB ports... My reply was

- that I had indeed tried all that with no change.
- I informed them of the way I had found to make it work after a failure.
- I let them know of my dissappointment, as it seems it is a known issue that goes back a few years and they not only provide a solution, but also only come back to the user after 14 days!!

In line with this last point, they have not replied to me yet.

I think it’s the first time I write this kind of ‘moaning’ post, and I’ve only decided to do it because I’ve found a way to make it work meanwhile Softube considers if it’s worth to solve this issue...

Hope this is useful for someone, as I’m aware there are other Console 1 users around.
ore_terra
Frequent Poster

Re: My experience with Softube support on Console 1

Postby ConcertinaChap » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Hmmm ... a little bit worrying as the output volume knob on mine has very recently stopped doing anything. I never used it in the normal course but it doubles up as the selector when choosing UAD plug-ins to use with the Control 1 and so when it doesn't work I can't select or change plug-in. Won't be able to do anything for a few days but when I do I'll post my results here.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
If you want me I'll be down on Sound on Sound on Sound.

Postby ore_terra » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Try the reassigning thing I say above; see if it does any change.
ore_terra
Frequent Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:32 pm

I will. Thanks.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
If you want me I'll be down on Sound on Sound on Sound.

Postby forumuser941167 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:34 am

100% agree. Softube support for the Console 1 is really lacking IMO.
forumuser941167