You are here

Trafficker My Father Never Loved Me -Mastered (wait for your comments )

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Trafficker My Father Never Loved Me -Mastered (wait for your comments )

Postby CS70 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:28 pm

Cool song, love the vocals!

The rest, it feels a little dark to me (on Beyers DT990Pro). Can be just preference of course. Also, the guitar solo gets a little lost imho - but hey, I'm a guitarist so I love to have 'em up with the vocals when it's showtime. :-) Gives a feel of a old-style live recording somehow.

Right after YT sent a live recording of David Gilmour playing "Wish you were here", and the non-vocals track where definitely brighter.

But if that's how u wanted it, it's all good.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby mammy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 pm

.I mastered that song long time ago .I love the electro guitars too much but when ı boost them they kill the vocal and decrease the energy of the song .I wanted to mix like the 70's rock songs so ı mixed that song as hard and dark .Thank you for your priceless comments Mr. CS70.
mammy
Regular

Postby CS70 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:41 pm

mammy wrote:.I mastered that song long time ago .I love the electro guitars too much but when ı boost them they kill the vocal and decrease the energy of the song .I wanted to mix like the 70's rock songs because ı mixed that song as hard and dark .Thank you for your priceless comments Mr. CS70.

Yeah definitely a 70s vibe. Can feel the moustches! Well done.

Balancing electric guitars and vocals is indeed a difficult art and can be baffling. Normally it involves a lot of fader riding, ducking or sidechain compression or, even better, automation of an HF shelf.
CS70
Jedi Poster

Postby mammy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:52 pm

Mr. CS70 actually when ı mix that song ı impressed by that song .this song kills me .ı love it so much .link is below .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb1hkGLrFG8
mammy
Regular

Postby CS70 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:03 am

Yeah, very cool one. If you listen to the guitars you can notice how they are ducked when there's vocals and come back out in front when not.

Surely the playing and arrangement matters (for example, since I sing and play, I always make sure the guitar parts under the vocals are more muted when singing, and use lots of six-strings chords when not, and of course add other instruments to make things pop), but it's also the mix, where you purposely ride the guitars or, if the song allows, set up a ducking gate, sidechained to the vocals and with fast attack and release depending on the tempo, that takes the guitars down 2-3dB.
CS70
Jedi Poster

Postby awjoe » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:48 am

CS70 wrote:Yeah, very cool one. If you listen to the guitars you can notice how they are ducked when there's vocals and come back out in front when not.

Well, it's a good arrangement, and they don't step on each other's toes much. Where do they overlap?
awjoe
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Fringe member of the Party Pooper People's Party