You are here

My first song (production, mix and mastering)

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

My first song (production, mix and mastering)

Postby aviorrok » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi,
I just released my first song
What to do you think about my production mix and mastering.
I think I should have added more bass on drop.
So that's my first song next time I will be a much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5o-izwzFrw
aviorrok
Poster

Re: My first song (production, mix and mastering)

Postby blinddrew » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:09 pm

That's a very accomplished piece of work I think. There's a couple of things I might have mixed very slightly differently myself but I particularly like the ear-candy you have going on. Keeps it interesting without being intrusive. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Sam Inglis » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:41 pm

The production is very cool and the mix balance is mostly good, but I am not super keen on the vocal sound. It's thin and insubstantial and a bit sibilant. I think you need less high-frequency boost on the vocal -- possibly some mid-range lift instead? -- and a different approach to reverb and other vocal effects.

I'm listening on headphones so can't be certain, but the whole track feels somewhat bass-light to me.
Sam Inglis
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby aviorrok » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Sam Inglis wrote:The production is very cool and the mix balance is mostly good, but I am not super keen on the vocal sound. It's thin and insubstantial and a bit sibilant. I think you need less high-frequency boost on the vocal -- possibly some mid-range lift instead? -- and a different approach to reverb and other vocal effects.

I'm listening on headphones so can't be certain, but the whole track feels somewhat bass-light to me.
Thank you, great feedback I will be better next time!
Yeah I made a mistake with bass volume because I really worried that is make the singer tiny :)

blinddrew wrote:That's a very accomplished piece of work I think. There's a couple of things I might have mixed very slightly differently myself but I particularly like the ear-candy you have going on. Keeps it interesting without being intrusive. :thumbup:

First of all thank you for great feedback!
What you think I need to improve or what would you do differently?
When I listen to mainstream songs the song it’s much bigger, deeper and wider than my song.
I tried to make a wide stereo image but I think it’s still small.
I hope I will be better like the pros.
Thanks!
aviorrok
Poster