You are here

Need help with audio quality

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Need help with audio quality

Postby blinddrew » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:55 pm

I reckon he'll remember the message long afterwards and probably won't even really notice the first few seconds. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby innerchord » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:51 pm

That sounds like adaptive audio codec switching. There is probably some scope for improvement.
innerchord
Regular

Postby molecular » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:52 pm

I suspect Drew is right and the listener will almost certainly give it a lot less thought than anyone on here...

But you could do a bit of creative editing the start if that hadn’t occurred to you... could be a way of making it start with the congratulations phrase perhaps.
molecular
Frequent Poster
Anto mo Ninja, Watashi mo Ninja http://www.hectormacinnes.com

Postby Tim Gillett » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:34 pm

chaseuk02 wrote:
Tim Gillett wrote:
chaseuk02 wrote:...Thanks for taking a listen. I just thought I would ask some folks who knew what they were talking about to see if I missed anything. I normalized the audio volume and tried to clean it up the best I could.

"Cleaning up" is where mistakes are often made, for cleaning up is not always easy or even possible, let alone a perfect solution. As James said, just re recording may the best solution here. Here's an interesting short article by Nick Messite of Izotope on 8 Common Audio Restoration Mistakes.

https://www.izotope.com/content/izotope ... takes.html

Thanks, Unfortunately, re-recording is not an option. So I just tried to make it audible and will have to live with the difference in audio quality it appears.
I agree. The only alternative I can think of is to synthesise those 4 seconds by selecting the same words out of the rest of the message (if they all appear) and carefully editing them using the 4 second section as the template. But you might only discover how acceptable was the result by actually doing it.
Tim Gillett
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Terrible.dee » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:27 am

chaseuk02 wrote:Hello everyone,
I am completely lost when it comes to audio. I have a audio clip where something has went bad with the first 6-7 seconds of the recording before clearing up. It sounds like the speaker is very muffled.

I am guessing that this is something that cannot be undone? Does anyone have any suggestions or could anyone clean up the audio for me? I would be eternally grateful.

https://soundcloud.com/user-353146338/foradam6/s-LKvcp

Any type of major digital audio surgery is "Fool's Gold" and a waste of your time,

Do it again, do it RIGHT
Terrible.dee
Regular

Postby Tim Gillett » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:27 am

Terrible.dee wrote:
chaseuk02 wrote:Hello everyone,
I am completely lost when it comes to audio. I have a audio clip where something has went bad with the first 6-7 seconds of the recording before clearing up. It sounds like the speaker is very muffled.

I am guessing that this is something that cannot be undone? Does anyone have any suggestions or could anyone clean up the audio for me? I would be eternally grateful.

https://soundcloud.com/user-353146338/foradam6/s-LKvcp

Any type of major digital audio surgery is "Fool's Gold" and a waste of your time,

Do it again, do it RIGHT

Er, it pays to read the whole thread. The OP has just stated that rerecording is not an option. We've already agreed that the relevant section is too poor to be retrieved for the purpose intended.

Tim
Tim Gillett
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Previous