You are here

Best Media Player...?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Best Media Player...?

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:22 am

Given that so many people are recommending VLC as easy to use, I must give it a try, although I've now spent so much time configuring foobar2000 to my liking that I doubt that I will change over ;)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby The Elf » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:35 am

Martin Walker wrote:Given that so many people are recommending VLC as easy to use, I must give it a try, although I've now spent so much time configuring foobar2000 to my liking...
An important difference. The only thing I ever had to do with VLC is set the startup volume to a fixed level.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:58 pm

I'm all Apple these days so I'm an iTunes guy (my wife's computer is an iMac so that I didn't have to keep up with both OSX and Windoze). It annoys me the way they keep changing it (and makes lots of work 'cos my wife used iTunes for organising the music for here ballet school, and iPads/iPhones for playing it, every time they change something I have a few weeks of trying to make it work how she likes it).

Windows used to be as bad or worse and IME needed much more fettling to get it to play nice, at least with the fruit it all pretty much works out of the box...... Still drives me up the wall though :headbang:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby resistorman » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:51 pm

Hey Sam, I think this is still on topic, but I believe iTunes is going away. I can recommend Go Button or SoundCue as iOS playback for productions, though they may be overkill for your wife’s needs.
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby John Willett » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:04 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:I'm all Apple these days

VLC works well on a Mac :thumbup:

I am all Mac - though I have to keep an old PC running for the DAW which is PC only :madas:
John Willett
Jedi Poster
John
Sound-Link ProAudio
Circle Sound Services
Sound-Link are UK Distributors for: Microtech Gefell, ME-Geithain, AETA, HUM, Håkan, Meyer Turtle

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:23 am

Sam Spoons wrote:every time they change something I have a few weeks of trying to make it work how she likes it).

Ah, in house unpaid tech support ... my sympathy from a fellow service provider.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
If you want me I'll be down on Sound on Sound on Sound.

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:55 am

Actually, I do receive a small stipend for my services :D
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Previous