You are here

question about Melodyne

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

question about Melodyne

Postby dennisgamalej » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:50 am

hey guys,
iv download the trial version of melodyne and i have 2 questions. 1) when i transfer notes and edit in melodyne i have to play the song and scroll in reaper how can i do it in melodyne? 2) when i transfer in melodyne and for example i dont like a part on my vocal and delete it in my daw i still have it in my melodyne plugin. How can it also be deleted in my plugin when i delete it in daw. Thnx:)
dennisgamalej
Regular

Re: question about Melodyne

Postby fruitcake » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:23 pm

I believe that playback needs to be initiated by the host when you open as a plug-in. If you open Melodyne stand alone, then you can use transport controls. You should be able to scroll either way. There’s a bar with the wave form below the note blobs. Drag the darker grey bit to scroll around and resize the view.
If you delete the audio in your host, you have to retransfer. But you can also delete the audio in Melodyne.
Hopefully Melodyne will come out with ARA versions for DAWs other than Logic.
fruitcake
Regular

Re: question about Melodyne

Postby Mixedup » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:24 pm

fruitcake wrote:Hopefully Melodyne will come out with ARA versions for DAWs other than Logic.

It's the DAW that needs to support ARA. And Reaper, Cubase, Nuendo, Studio One and, I think, Cakewalk now support ARA2...
Mixedup
Jedi Poster