You are here

My Top Logic Pro X Workflow Tips - Audio Plugin Deals

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

My Top Logic Pro X Workflow Tips - Audio Plugin Deals

Postby Audio Plugin Deals » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Logic Pro is a pretty insane piece of software. I’ve been using it for over five years, and I still discover new things about it from time to time. In fact, I’ve even discovered some amazing workflow shortcuts I hadn’t even known about while researching additional tips for this article! Without any further ado, let’s dive in.

Read full article: https://audioplugin.deals/blog/my-top-l ... flow-tips/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJorPwhLZd4
Audio Plugin Deals
Regular

Re: My Top Logic Pro X Workflow Tips - Audio Plugin Deals

Postby desmond » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Audio Plugin Deals wrote:Logic Pro is a pretty insane piece of software. I’ve been using it for over five years, and I still discover new things about it from time to time.

I think these type of articles are really useful for folks, as it's not obvious what people know, or are missing out on. If you can pick up maybe one or two little workflow tools that improve things every few weeks (or whatever), pretty soon you get to be working *way* more efficiently.

I've been using Logic since 1993 (26 years), plus a few more years on Creator/Notator (it's predecessor) before that, and I'm still learning new stuff (and new stuff is being added, and old stuff changes behaviour, or terminology). MIDI chase, as one example, was a thing that started happening early on as people started to use MIDI sequencers, and became such a standard feature in the late 80s that you'd expect everything to have it, and everyone to know about it.

One thing is clear - in general, people don't read manuals where much of this stuff is documented - they just dive in and start using the software and feel their way - which will get you started, by for sure will mean you miss out of a lot of things that make these applications cool, and also miss out on some fairly fundamental concepts in the process.

Secondly - I really recommend from time to time just taking a look through the key commands - there are *so* many useful tools in there that you aren't using, and assign a few that look useful to shortcuts, and start using them. As above, a few new key commands every so often will soon make you be able to work way more efficiently than previously, it's hard to go back. And you'll watch other people using Logic, and be amazed anyone could actually get anything done that way..! :thumbup:

And keep the online manual bookmarked - the manual these days is concise and easy to read - pick a chapter and work through it bit by bit over time, and make notes of cool stuff you find along the way. It won't be a wasted effort!
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio