You are here

Market research for a novel DAW!

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Market research for a novel DAW!

Postby Connor Burke » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi guys!

I'm doing some market research for the development of a DAW that uses voice activation, machine learning and semantics within audio, and I've linked a short survey below that I invite you to fill out! If your views on these topics aren't covered by the questions in the survey, please comment and I'll be sure to take that into account!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_ixfxubyDTckH-XK3AGF5OX_Fj3bkPNh5IuSuH7Gmow/edit?fbclid=IwAR1_miyLlpgADINBoyZBtHSFD8m1hAstG0BOAjH_KKR2b9HanoRPMKBU7s4

Thanks!
Connor Burke

Re: Market research for a novel DAW!

Postby OneWorld » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:18 am

Connor Burke wrote:Hi guys!

I'm doing some market research for the development of a DAW that uses voice activation, machine learning and semantics within audio, and I've linked a short survey below that I invite you to fill out! If your views on these topics aren't covered by the questions in the survey, please comment and I'll be sure to take that into account!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_ixfxubyDTckH-XK3AGF5OX_Fj3bkPNh5IuSuH7Gmow/edit?fbclid=IwAR1_miyLlpgADINBoyZBtHSFD8m1hAstG0BOAjH_KKR2b9HanoRPMKBU7s4

Thanks!

How do you mean it uses semantics? (pardon the pun) in what way are semantics employed?
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby desmond » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:45 am

Is this research for a hypothetical DAW (ie, is this a thought experiment or homework question), or is this something that is actually being developed?
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby Wonks » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:45 pm

OneWorld wrote:
Connor Burke wrote:Hi guys!

Thanks!

How do you mean it uses semantics? (pardon the pun) in what way are semantics employed?

From the (short) survey:

"Do you find yourself talking more in semantic terms (warm, punchy) about audio or using exact values (200Hz, 40ms)?"

So more general subjective terms than technical ones. Useful if the client says "Nice, but can you make it feel a bit more orange"?
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby Sam Spoons » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:52 pm

And "why does the coffee taste purple?" :D
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby Wonks » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:10 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:And "why does the coffee taste purple?" :D

Obviously because you're mixing the blues and Simply Red. :D
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby Sam Spoons » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Where is the facepalm emoji when you need it............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-TVrR8wZc
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........