You are here

Basic Dynamic Delay

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Basic Dynamic Delay

Postby aviorrok » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi,
I practicing mixing and I want to do a basic dynamic delay.
In this sample I just duplicate the region and filter it but I want to do this with dealy to get smoother result, how can I do it?

My sample:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HWJ_N ... sp=sharing
aviorrok
Regular

Re: Basic Dynamic Delay

Postby Eddy Deegan » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:11 am

By 'dynamic' do you mean to only apply the delay to a small portion of the sample rather than all of it?

If so, there are a few things you can do but the way I would do it would be to put a delay as an insert effect on another channel. Then, set up a send to that delay from the channel with the vocal on it. Use fader automation to raise the level of the delay only in those sections you want to hear it.

Alternatively you could insert the delay on the vocal channel and use plugin automation to control the wet/dry mix of the delay such that it can only be heard in those sections you want it to be.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Re: Basic Dynamic Delay

Postby scottfreems » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:29 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:By 'dynamic' do you mean to only apply the delay to a small portion of the sample rather than all of it?

If so, there are a few things you can do but the way I would do it would be to put a delay as an insert effect on another channel. Then, set up a send to that delay from the channel with the vocal on it. Use fader automation to raise the level of the delay only in those sections you want to hear it.

Alternatively you could insert the delay on the vocal channel and use plugin automation to control the wet/dry mix of the delay such that it can only be heard in those sections you want it to be.

+1
scottfreems
New here
IGNITION Mixing & Mastering -- ignition@ignitionmixmaster.com