You are here

Audio mixing using house audio system

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Audio mixing using house audio system

Postby beginsnd » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:51 am

Hello,

I am new to audio industry and currently helping with an audio event. The house audio system has 40 channels but they want to run all 8 channels RF through their system. I am bringing Digital Wireless Receiver and 8 lapel mics.

1. Can I output from wireless system to their house audio mics input individually?
2. Or is it better to use my own mixer and output into their mic input for their speakers?

I am newly new to sound, so please let me know if I am not being cleared.
beginsnd

Re: Audio mixing using house audio system

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:16 am

beginsnd wrote:1. Can I output from wireless system to their house audio mics input individually?

You should be able to... but no one here is a professional mind reader, so none will know precisely what equipment you're trying to connect to what.

Perhaps if you could tell us the specifics of what you want to connect up we could offer some more practical help...
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: Audio mixing using house audio system

Postby beginsnd » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:02 pm

My apology.

Equipment:
Shure ULXD4Q digital wireless receiver
4 body pack ULXd1 G50
No digital audio mixer
House audio system comes with 40 different mics channels.

I plan to sync the 4 body packs to the receiver, then output from the receiver to the house audio mics channel. Do you think that is a good way to do?

My other idea is to bring a mixer, output from receiver to mixer inputs, then output from the mixer into one of their mic channels. Any suggestion?

Thanks.
beginsnd