You are here

What is the plugin or effects used to create this?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

What is the plugin or effects used to create this?

Postby Baldo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:59 pm

I came across these recordings,

https://youtu.be/wPrku3CA2Y4

They sound very spacious on headphones, which is how they are supposed to be listened to. It has a very spacious open feel it.

How can i create this effect for other music tracks that I have. Can I use one of the effects plugins in Logic Pro to do this?

Many thanks
Baldo
Regular
"Never put a recording studio in your home, it is a black hole into which you can pour unlimited amounts of money" Pete Waterman.

Re: What is the plugin or effects used to create this?

Postby MOF » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:16 pm

I presume you’re referring to the lead vocal, it has delays and reverbs, I can’t listen in stereo at present but I imagine the effects are widened with plugins such as Logic’s Stereo Spreader and Direction Mixer.
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi Baldo!

'8D Audio' seems to be a comparatively new craze, but an effective one, and I even found myself donning headphones yesterday to have a listen, and being rather impressed.

There's a nice article here explaining a lot more, although it's careful not a give away many of the so-called 'secrets' other than mentioning binaural audio ;)

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/why ... r-8d-audio

The tracks I listened to certainly seem more effective at creating 'behind the head' sounds than any I've listened to in the past, although I suspect part of their secret is that the sound continually moves around, so you anticipate where it's going next.

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby The Elf » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:17 pm

Just sounds like entire mixes passed through a Roland RSS processor to me!
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Jadoube » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:05 pm

Martin Walker wrote:The tracks I listened to certainly seem more effective at creating 'behind the head' sounds than any I've listened to in the past, although I suspect part of their secret is that the sound continually moves around, so you anticipate where it's going next.

Yes... is there a way to use the spatial effects without movement? It does sound quite cool.... back in the 90's I had this box called a Hughes spatial something or other... reminds me of that. But if it has to swim all the time I don't care for it much other than a bit of a gimmick... at least for music production.
Jadoube
Regular
_________
David

Postby Jadoube » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:39 pm

Jadoube
Regular
_________
David

Postby jimjazzdad » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:18 pm

The 8D examples linked here just make me feel seasick! I thought that sort of back and forth (and behind) panning went out of vogue in the seventies...I must go listen Ummagumma again... :headbang:
jimjazzdad
Regular
Halifax, NS, CANADA