You are here

How to record eq tweaking in fl studio?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

How to record eq tweaking in fl studio?

Postby NBT » Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 am

Hi, how do I record eq tweaking into song but not by automation but manually, like the song remembers my playing with the knobs of Eq during the song? #flstudio
NBT
New here

Re: How to record eq tweaking in fl studio?

Postby outofphase » Mon May 18, 2020 12:45 pm

Right-click on record button and make sure "Automations" selected. Now when you press record all your's tweaks are recorded in automation clips.

Also, you might want to automate from your midi-controller. To do that click "Multilink to controllers" (Knob icon) -> tweak eq parameter -> tweak the knob on your device.
outofphase
New here
My setup: Adam S3X-V, Lynx Hilo, Beyerdynamic 1990
My turntables article.

Postby NBT » Wed May 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Okay, thanks for your help. So I have tried what you said and then it recorderded indeed my automation only problem is that is record to one pattern. So imagine a whole song consist of 24 x pattern 1, how do record It tot the total song instead of one pattern repeated? And it don't appear as extra channel as an automation clip but it merged into the selected pattern pattern 1, is there setting to apply this to the whole song? Thanks again, it means much to me!
NBT
New here

Postby NBT » Wed May 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Ps: I have made a lead with a vst synth. As this lead is just a short pattern repeated along the song I want to add eq effects over the repeated short pattern. Also fl studio keeps bugging about input audio devices once I try to record, I just want the virtual machines to play the scheme I made without any external input. Its kanda frustrating. Also how to undo the recorded effecting if Im not happy about it?
NBT
New here