You are here

Biggest stuggles for producers/djs

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Biggest stuggles for producers/djs

Postby domsthetics » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:25 am

Eddy Deegan wrote:
domsthetics wrote:... we could talk about society for two weeks straight about what's wrong and what's right about it, but as you said we gotta work with what we've got. Why do you think inspiration and motivation would improve your situation? And would that drastically help you? I'm trying to better understand this problem and how could one help someone with with this struggle.

Perhaps it would help if you could give some more context. In your original question you said ...

domsthetics wrote:I’m trying to come up with ways to make the lives of music producers/djs/artists easier and better understand the problems

... but this is a very general request for information and doesn't really tell us what it is you are trying to achieve, or the approach you are taking to achieve it. When Arpangel said:

Arpangel wrote:How can you help me?

... you did not address the question, which I find strange given you started this thread stating that you're "trying to come up with ways to make the lives of music producers/djs/artists easier". I would expect you to have some starting thoughts of your own at the very least.

So far you have only posed very broad questions and given no real information to us yourself. What is the backstory behind the request? If you can provide it then you are far more likely to receive useful replies.

You're right I should have given more context. I'm trying to build a small business with helping (upcoming) music producers start&finish music that is ready for a release in a couple of weeks. The approach I took is by doing a research on what are the most common struggles and the reasons behind it. I found out the best best way for someone to learn, without wasting years to learn and experiment on their own, is by someone actually sitting down with them and showing exactly the steps on how to go about it. 8 Years ago, when I started, I would have given everything to a person that has already done what I'm trying to accomplish regarding music production, and I found out that many people still wish for that to this day (even more now). Even in the later years, I would have wanted that, more than anything else.

Sorry if a copy-paste thread start that might have bothered you, I couldn't think of a better way to start a thread from the existing December thread.
domsthetics

Postby CS70 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:18 pm

Mike Stranks wrote:That's a good point James...

Yes; I did - and still do - 'create' a lot of my own material. But that 'creation' was because someone expected me to deliver something... not because I felt the urge to create. Some people (not many! :lol: ) tell me that I'm 'creative' and 'imaginative' in the way I derive content and present it, but the driving impetus is still, "we need 15 minutes on this topic by..."

But that's what creativity is. Finding ways to solve a problem so that's solved well, or better than it was before.

There's always a trigger. Sometimes is annoyance at something, sometimes is the feel that something is missing, sometimes is a phone call.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby CS70 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm

domsthetics wrote:The approach I took is by doing a research on what are the most common struggles and the reasons behind it. I found out the best best way for someone to learn, without wasting years to learn and experiment on their own, is by someone actually sitting down with them and showing exactly the steps on how to go about it.

Your challenge is that the struggles that matter aren't individual. They are the systemic ones. Unless you are Universal, you can't do much about them - and you are Universal because you don't care about them (but you're out of making money out of music).

What you are talking about are the most common beginner's struggles: stuff that one individual does not know and, once learnt, give him the technical skill necessary to come up with a production. But these things are the easy bit. These days, with the amount of shared knowledge freely available, the almost-elementary bit.

Given that producing does not need any physical, slowly-learned activities, it doesn't really take that long either.

So if you really want, sooner or later you're able to make good productions. These days, usually sooner than later.

Then you meet the real struggles. Which as Drew said, are systemic, not solvable by the individual.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Previous