You are here

Which Will Be The Best Sound Recorder For My YouTube Channel?

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Which Will Be The Best Sound Recorder For My YouTube Channel?

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:24 am

Zoom H1, H1n, and Tascam DR-5 Handheld recorders are the sound recorder which I used till now for making YouTube Videos and satisfied till last week. I do not know the issue but one thing for sure that my viewers complain about the sound which heard like an eco one.

I have to back on the track and make videos for my website and channel so that I can pay my bills. So here I came because I wanted to know that which is the best sound recorder for a middle-class guy who wanted to shoot videos for YouTube.

Thanks for having me here which I always wanted to ask but today I actually get the time. I do not know that I write related discussion here but I know that you guys will help me as soon as possible.
Last edited by James Perrett on Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed website link and signature

Re: Which Will Be The Best Sound Recorder For My YouTube Channel?

Postby Kwackman » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:36 am

tiling-Perth wrote:Zoom H1, H1n, and Tascam DR-5 Handheld recorders are the sound recorder which I used till now for making YouTube Videos and satisfied till last week
I'm not sure what you are asking for, but any of those three devices are capable of producing good quality audio.
Perhaps you have changed your workflow recently?
You might need to give more details of your gear, i.e. the microphone, the environment you are recording in etc.
Kwackman
Frequent Poster
Cubase, guitars.

Postby blinddrew » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:00 am

If the problem is echo then I'm guessing you're in a room with no acoustic treatment. If so, you have two main solutions:
1) get very close to the microphone so that the primary signal is much louder than any room reflections, or
2) acoustically treat the room so that reflections are reduced.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby CS70 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:00 am

tiling-Perth wrote:Zoom H1, H1n, and Tascam DR-5 Handheld recorders are the sound recorder which I used till now for making YouTube Videos and satisfied till last week. I do not know the issue but one thing for sure that my viewers complain about the sound which heard like an eco one.

I have to back on the track and make videos for my website (https://ezytilingservices.com.au/ ) and channel so that I can pay my bills. So here I came because I wanted to know that which is the best sound recorder for a middle-class guy who wanted to shoot videos for YouTube.

Thanks for having me here which I always wanted to ask but today I actually get the time. I do not know that I write related discussion here but I know that you guys will help me as soon as possible.

Agree with Kwackman, seems more likely to be an issue with accidental misconfiguration more than equipment. If you have the same echo effect with all three recorders, it's something downstream in your recording chain (likely the computer). If you have changed recording room, it's likely the new room.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby ef37a » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:40 am

Just very remote possibility?

Look at Windows 'Volume Mixer' and mute any sources you don't actually need.

I have to mute 'Stereo Mix' on my living room desktop to kill an echo when listening to Radio3 through my hi fi.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster