You are here

Sample Library Formatting

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Sample Library Formatting

Postby chichi » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:25 am

Hello Everyone,

Hope everything is well with you!

I have been creating Sitar sample libraries for commercial sample library companies and the way I deliver one shots and loops etc is just naming them with the key,bpm,style etc.

But some companies ask me about the formats I can deliver the sample libraries and I have no clue what that is? They ask If I can deliver the libraries in EXS24, Kontakt,FL, Ableton,PresenceXT,Kurzweil Forte etc and I'm confused! :?

So my question is- Are there any different methods to follow to create libraries in different formats? Is the file naming different?

And can anyone recommend me some tutorials,lnks that I can watch and learn this programming or formatting ?

Thanks for taking time to read this
Cheers
Chi
chichi
New here

Re: Sample Library Formatting

Postby desmond » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:10 pm

chichi wrote:But some companies ask me about the formats I can deliver the sample libraries and I have no clue what that is? They ask If I can deliver the libraries in EXS24, Kontakt,FL, Ableton,PresenceXT,Kurzweil Forte etc and I'm confused! :?

Hmm, I'm not sure how you can be delivering commercial sound libraries without knowing anything about the technologies involved?

chichi wrote:So my question is- Are there any different methods to follow to create libraries in different formats? Is the file naming different?

And can anyone recommend me some tutorials,lnks that I can watch and learn this programming or formatting ?

Um, this is a *big* topic. You'll need to familiarise yourself with the main sample library platforms, what features they support and so on. Developing scripted Kontakt instruments is essentially instrument development, and is a big topic in itself.

A forum post will do nothing to help you on this, you just need to investigate and research into these platforms and decide what you need to support, and how to deliver in those formats.

You really need to be *using* those platforms though to understand how to deliver in them.

Also - if you're mainly thinking about loops and one shots, you might want to investigate the various sample library streaming and online service platforms and contact them to sell your content that way. They'll all have their own required formats I'm sure.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Sample Library Formatting

Postby chichi » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:38 pm

Thanks very much Desmond for the reply.

Also - if you're mainly thinking about loops and one shots, you might want to investigate the various sample library streaming and online service platforms and contact them to sell your content that way. They'll all have their own required formats I'm sure.

This is actually the way I have been doing it so far. I deliver the samples and the companies do the programming part.But now I'm curious on how to do that myself.

You really need to be *using* those platforms though to understand how to deliver in them.

Actually I do use EXS24 ,Kontakt and Ableton for my own productions! So I have a good understanding on how to use these platforms. But could not find any useful content to learn the creation of samples dedicated for these platforms.
chichi
New here