You are here

Softube Customer Service??

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Softube Customer Service??

Postby dbfs » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:25 am

Hi,
I recently tried to make contact with Softube sales and support and find that they are very slow at replying and when they didm they did not answer questions asked. Almost like as if it was AI or a template reply.

Anyone else find them less that ideal. Just asking as I was about to invest further in some of their gear and this is a bit off putting.

Oh, and of course everyone is a little behind with Covid, but over a week with no replies leaves one feeling like they are not really open for business.
dbfs
Regular
dbfs

Re: Softube Customer Service??

Postby dbfs » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Ahh, Got more template waffle from them today.

Not going down the Console/plugin ecosystem with them now. Maybe others have better experience, but I am out.
dbfs
Regular
dbfs

Postby Ramirez » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:21 pm

They've been good (if perhaps a bit slow) whenever I've had to deal with them.
Ramirez
Frequent Poster
www.stiwdiosain.cymru

Postby dbfs » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:17 am

Yeah ,it is strange. Some of their stuff is decent, they have the controllers and they alao seem to be working with uad platform, But to me they came across as very slow an uninterested in my genuine query. Fabfilter on the other hand were fast, polite and got my money on this occasion. Maybe its a some cultural difference with the Swedes.
dbfs
Regular
dbfs

Postby Watchmaker » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:03 am

I've been well supported by their customer support over the years. They're not the fastest but it's a a tiny company and they've always been good to me.

I guess like most things there's a continuum along which experiences cluster. Always best to follow the path of least resistance.
Watchmaker
Frequent Poster
Take my advice, I'm not using it.

Postby dbfs » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:13 pm

Yes the path of least expense to boot.

If they are tiny company then maybe they have outgrown or overstretched themselves with the hardware, software and collaborations with UAD, integrating the control of UAD plugins into console one, modelling more hardware like the API etc.

Maybe they are great at engineering, which I do not doubt, but have skimped on the human side of the business. You know that other part that helps sell stuff in crowded marketplaces.

Who Knows. Anyway, I am going to refrain from further discussion about them, since I am not buying anything, so therefore, I no longer feel entitled to moan about them.

Peace.
dbfs
Regular
dbfs