You are here

Noise on one speaker from X32 Compact to pc USB connection?!

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Re: Noise on one speaker from X32 Compact to pc USB connection?!

Postby johnr10 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:39 pm

Serial numbers are 4 apart ;)

I'll take a look myself at the internals (I'm FAR from an expert but I've resorted vintage equipment before so ok to check for something simple like loose grounding). But if that isn't it, I'll probably go down the route of just hacking the cable.

I'll report back. Thanks!
johnr10
Regular

Re: Noise on one speaker from X32 Compact to pc USB connection?!

Postby johnr10 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Ok, I had to solve it by cutting the ground on the cable (marked with a warning!)

I opened the speaker up, checked the ground in every place I could think of checking, all fine. Then opened the other working speaker, and did the same. Can't see or test any obvious differences but obviously there is something wrong with the faulty one.

I even tried swapping the boards (all one piece) with each other in case it was 1) something to do with the drivers themselves, or 2) loose cabling, but the problem followed the boards, not the drivers.

I'll see about getting it fixed at some point in the future when I don't need them but for now this will have to do.

Still a bit disturbed by how much floor noise both of them have though regardless of the fudged-fix on the ground loop problem. Maybe I'm being fussy though ;)

Thanks for the help and advice all.
johnr10
Regular

Previous