You are here

Tutorial on Behringer Wing for absolute beginners for church broadcasting

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Tutorial on Behringer Wing for absolute beginners for church broadcasting

Postby cwspence » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:26 am

I did sound 25 years ago on a 16 channel analog board for a rock band, Now I have been asked to do sound for my church to be broadcast on Boxcast and Facebook Live on a Behringer Wing. Can anyone recommend a good place to start. I NEED a fast learning curve! HELP!!!!!!!!!!
cwspence

Re: Tutorial on Behringer Wing for absolute beginners for church broadcasting

Postby The Elf » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:12 am

I would start by downloading and reading the manual, then search YouTube.

Manual: https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0BV2/WING_QSG_EN.pdf

YouTube serach for 'Behringer Wing Tutorial': https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=behringer+wing+tutorial
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:59 am

The Behringer forum is a good resource with good people contributing (very friendly and civilised, much like this place), but the forum software is appalling since they 'updated' it a couple of years ago and trying to find things is nearly impossible.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby blinddrew » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:23 pm

How different is the operating paradigm to the X32?
Just thinking that the latter has sold shed loads and been around for a while so bound to be lots of good tutorial content on youtube?
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Mike Stranks » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:02 pm

{Sigh...}

So many times...

As a former consultant and installer of church sound systems - from simple two-mic 'set and forget' systems to multi-channel systems with comprehensive foldback for large congregations with worship-bands - this is seemingly another oft-encountered case of getting flashy, whizz-bang technology before considering who will be using it.

Why do churches do this?

If it's not too late, cancel the order for the mixer, call in a church sound consultant - who doesn't sell gear - and let them work with leaders, musicians and, most importantly, those who will have to drive the desk in order to get appropriate kit that will deliver to it's full potential and be usable with confidence (if not total understanding) by those who've agreed/volunteered to help with this.

To the original poster: you will probably spend a considerable amount of time getting to grips with this desk and then, one Sunday, you can't be there. What happens then?

Comprehensive enough (but no more) to do the required job; simple enough for those who have to use it to do the job effectively.

{Sigh}
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster