You are here

My Every Questions about production/mix/mastering

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

My Every Questions about production/mix/mastering

Postby Adam Artman » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:05 pm

Hello to all... I hope you be great...
can you tell me how we can use samples in a music project?we can download and use samples like Kick,Snare,hihat for drums,it's ok .but what about Instruments samples?how we can use instrument samples when we have only one notes like c# guitar note sample for example?
Adam Artman
Poster

Re: My Every Questions about production/mix/mastering

Postby desmond » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:17 pm

The instrument that plays back samples is called a Sampler.

Depending on the instrument/samples used and its settings, it behaves differently. You could have a drum kit where there are different drum samples played at one pitch on every key. Or you could have a simple instrument just just has one sample (say a guitar note) and the sampler will transpose the sample according to which key you play, so you can play it across the keyboard.

More complex instruments use a huge amount of samples to have different samples played depending on how hard you hit keys, or trigger different samples every time you hit a key to sound more natural, or even complex scripting.

There are many many samplers, both software and hardware, and most DAWs have a sampler as part of their included plugins.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby Adam Artman » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:34 am

desmond wrote:The instrument that plays back samples is called a Sampler.

Depending on the instrument/samples used and it's settings, it behaves differently. You could have a drum kit where there are different drum samples played at one pitch on every key. Or you could have a simple instrument just just has one sample (say a guitar note) and the sampler will transpose the sample according to which key you play, so you can play it across the keyboard.

More complex instruments use a huge amount of samples to have different samples played depending on how hard you hit keys, or trigger different samples every time you hit a key to sound more natural, or even complex scripting.

There are many many samplers, both software and hardware, and most DAWs have a sampler as part of their included plugins.
thank you my friend about your answer
Adam Artman
Poster

Postby Adam Artman » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Hello to my all friends.i hope you be great...

question 1:
do i need to process on every sample packs downloaded from sites like Splice?i mean is should I compress or EQ them in my mix again?
Adam Artman
Poster

Postby desmond » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:11 pm

At the beginning of making music, you don't have sufficient skill or experience to make judgement calls like this yet. This is part of the problem learning with *all* the tools available to you, there's simply way too much to learn at once.

And you certainly don't learn anything if you keep deferring learning and instead asking other people to solve these problems for you - particularly if you want to get to the point (commercially) where people are coming to *you* to solve *their* problems.

Only by making a lot of music can you start to understand whether you need to process/EQ/etc a given sound to fit in your mix... but I'd say if you don't know *why* you should change something, then don't change it (see my first point.)
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby CS70 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:09 pm

Adam Artman wrote:Hello to my all friends.i hope you be great...

question 1:
do i need to process on every sample packs downloaded from sites like Splice?i mean is should I compress or EQ them in my mix again?

As Desmond says: if you don't know why you're gonna do something, don't.

Unless you want to explore. Then do, listen, learn and most likely throw away.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby Adam Artman » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:40 pm

Hello to All... i hope you be great...
i wanna know why my mix sounds thin and Separated?
when i listen modern mixed tracks i feel they has clean and warm Low frequencies.
what do you think?
Adam Artman
Poster

Postby Adam Artman » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:59 pm

Hello to All...
i hope you be great...
can you help me?
what is my sound track mix problem?
please tell me good points if it has and bad points in my mix...
thanks..
https://soundcloud.com/user-633462494
Adam Artman
Poster