You are here

Hii! Can i ask you a listen for give me some tips about my final mixed track?? lofi hiphop

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Hii! Can i ask you a listen for give me some tips about my final mixed track?? lofi hiphop

Postby tretre » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:50 am

:angel:
hii guys..!!
how you doinnn...
so..!
This is my last beat lofi hip hop style
I use a philips system about 100 $
AUX Cable about 2 dollars xd
and an app 4 android called KoalaSampler(iloveit)
My question is.. it sound cool in term of mixing?
Is not my best track.. but in term of mixing, what is something bad and good from your speakers?
MY question is too, why from speaker my mix sound so so so different.. i know people just listen from here and there from laptop android they have low spec in term of hz etc....... i know that but this mix sound cool to you??
PLS tell me xdxd thansss
BYEBYEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFnfXds ... l=BUKY0001
tretre
New here
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Re: Hii! Can i ask you a listen for give me some tips about my final mixed track?? lofi hiphop

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:54 am

Hi tretre, and welcome to the SOS Forums! 8-)

Hmm.. not sure what to say about your track, as it's rather out of my comfort zone listening-wise. Its hesitant timing is also a bit strange in places (to my ears anyway), and its structure difficult to latch onto.

I did enjoy listening to it more as an avant-garde loop, particularly from 0:39 to the end, because there you get three straight loops, and this forms a strangely catchy groove that you could really build on.

However, you asked about the mix itself, and that definitely contains some quirky and pleasing lo-fi grunge. My only real mix comment would be that there's perhaps too much really low end energy - I know this is a requirement for hip hop, but your mix has still got plenty of content going right down to 20Hz, so I'd perhaps roll off a little below 30Hz or even a little higher, as many people's playback systems won't be able to hear this anyway.

Hope this helps!

Martin
Martin Walker

Re: Hii! Can i ask you a listen for give me some tips about my final mixed track?? lofi hiphop

Postby Ramirez » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:16 pm

I have to say, I enjoyed that.

As Martin says, the very low end is a bit out of control, with some extreme low end that almost no one will hear (I'm listening on some very high-end ATC SCM100a monitors, and even then I'm barely feeling it, but I can tell it's there). The kick drum isn't quite sitting where it should for me, though it's close- perhaps a bit less low end again and slightly less level.

Very cool though I thought.
Ramirez
Frequent Poster
www.stiwdiosain.cymru

Postby tretre » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:49 pm

Martin Walker wrote:Hi tretre, and welcome to the SOS Forums! 8-)

Hmm.. not sure what to say about your track, as it's rather out of my comfort zone listening-wise. Its hesitant timing is also a bit strange in places (to my ears anyway), and its structure difficult to latch onto.

I did enjoy listening to it more as an avant-garde loop, particularly from 0:39 to the end, because there you get three straight loops, and this forms a strangely catchy groove that you could really build on.

However, you asked about the mix itself, and that definitely contains some quirky and pleasing lo-fi grunge. My only real mix comment would be that there's perhaps too much really low end energy - I know this is a requirement for hip hop, but your mix has still got plenty of content going right down to 20Hz, so I'd perhaps roll off a little below 30Hz or even a little higher, as many people's playback systems won't be able to hear this anyway.

Hope this helps!

Martin

thanks a lot for the compliments for the loop ahah.. THANKS...
Thanks a lot !! To the next user after your reply!!!!!!!!!
thanks i need to study a book of mixing xdd i go sooooo bye ears i d k....
THANKS AGAIN GUYSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank uuu^^ :beamup: :headbang: :bouncy: :thumbup:
tretre
New here
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:27 pm

Ramirez wrote:I'm listening on some very high-end ATC SCM100a monitors, and even then I'm barely feeling it, but I can tell it's there.

Wow - you lucky guy Ramirez - my ATCs are the tiny SCM10's, although because they have sealed enclosures the bass roll-off is significantly slower than most reflex designs, and I do still get a tiny bit of output down to 20Hz.

I'm going to listen to tretre's track again in an effort to familiarise myself more with its style, as I did find it an intriguing listen. It's good to expand your ears 8-)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby tretre » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:59 pm

i guysss i loved your song a saw here really good music... where i can post to little collaboration with someone?i like to do music to been heard a little and make cassette or vinyl.. these things lol
if somebody can do dope sounds with me we can make good music obviously lool
niiiiiiiice xdxd
thanks you again n again xd,,, :shocked:
tretre
New here
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:56 am

that's not lofi to me,
cool vibe.
also I don't care much for hiphop music,