You are here

Setting and choosing monitors (first ones)

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Setting and choosing monitors (first ones)

Postby Nequez » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Hi guys, i've started producing music a few months ago, until now i have been doing it on set of hi-fi speakers and headphones, now i want to buy my first monitors but have a bit of a problem. I already know what acoustic treatment should be done in my room (more or less), i wanted to check a mirror points, but here's a problem. I dont know where to set my monitors. My desk has this shelf (this is it: https://freeimage.host/i/2gRb8N ) and i'd prefer to place my monitors on it, but it's only 14cm deep and they would stick out of it. Is it a big problem even if i put pads under them? And here is a second question, what monitors should i choose? My room is 12,5 m2, 2,5mx5m. I thought about eris 4.5 as i heard good opinions about them, price is really fine and they are only 18cm deep, so they would stick out only like 4-5cm. I can always place monitors on desk itself if this is necessary, but i think they would be to close and under my listening position plus i have another shelf above the desk's shelf, that makes some kind of isolation between monitors and cailing. So thanks anyone who read all this trough, where should i place them to get best results? Also do you recommend any better ones? I'm connecting them trough scarlett solo.
Nequez
Poster