You are here

Ok guys! Breakdown my new EP please!

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Ok guys! Breakdown my new EP please!

Postby Hjlphilp » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:27 pm

My name is Leland Philpot. I currently debuted my new EP, "Psalms In The Midst", on the radio (Power92) here in Chicago, and I would really love some fellow audio nerd feedback!

There are things I wish I could do better... but I think for the setup I have, it's a pretty dang good job.

Mic: Townsend Labs sphere l22
Interface: Apollo twin USB
DAW: Reaper
Monitors: Lp6's
Headphones: Ath m70x
Computer: Some Asus I5 with 16gb of ram and a decent ssd lol

All production, engineering, and writing is me.

Enjoy! - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=O ... N1YOB6vBbA

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Hjlphilp
Poster

Re: Ok guys! Breakdown my new EP please!

Postby blakedirksen » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:51 am

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy this and for self produced and written is is great. You clearly love what you are creating. A couple thoughts but they aren't major.

Some of the synths and keys sound pretty abrupt but there seems like a bit of reverb or room that comes through in the vocals. Maybe a touch of room reverb on the keys/synths so they all feel like they are in the same room. Maybe some sublet distortion to bring in line with vocals.

A couple tracks have a bass that doesn't hit very well, Break the Chains in particular. You may be going for that sound, but the muddiness in the bass distracts from the track a bit.

Overall, this is great. Thanks for posting and keep doing your thing.
blakedirksen
New here

Re: Ok guys! Breakdown my new EP please!

Postby Hjlphilp » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:54 pm

blakedirksen wrote:Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy this and for self produced and written is is great. You clearly love what you are creating. A couple thoughts but they aren't major.

Some of the synths and keys sound pretty abrupt but there seems like a bit of reverb or room that comes through in the vocals. Maybe a touch of room reverb on the keys/synths so they all feel like they are in the same room. Maybe some sublet distortion to bring in line with vocals.

A couple tracks have a bass that doesn't hit very well, Break the Chains in particular. You may be going for that sound, but the muddiness in the bass distracts from the track a bit.

Overall, this is great. Thanks for posting and keep doing your thing.
Thank you dude!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Hjlphilp
Poster