You are here

Post Production ???

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Production ???

Postby DigitalMusicProduction » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:50 pm

Hi

After creating solo piano tracks and moving on to post production with the intent to EQ and possibly a touch of mastering, being fairly new to logic advanced tools including custom sound design are an advanced step at this point.

Therefore I was hoping to come across some EQ presets and possibly masteriing presets at this early stage in production, where can i find such features in Logic? Or would that need to be a separate plugin purchase?

I would not intend using compression or a limiter on solo piano tracks as this may degridate the overall natural sound of the recording.

Thanks.
DigitalMusicProduction
Regular

Music is a universal language that speaks to every person, a euphoria of moods that inspires, convicts and heals 

Re: Post Production ???

Postby desmond » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:02 pm

DigitalMusicProduction wrote:Therefore I was hoping to come across some EQ presets

The EQ presets are in the Channel EQ plugin.

Every plugin in Logic has it's own selection of presets, plus there are channel strip presets and patches containing channels with multiple plugins for various purposes too.

DigitalMusicProduction wrote:possibly masteriing presets at this early stage in production, where can i find such features in Logic?

There are stereo mastering presets as channel strip presets on the main stereo output channel (In the "Setting" option menu).
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Re: Post Production ???

Postby DigitalMusicProduction » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:46 am

Hi

After complexed navigation i found the channel EQ plug-in alongside multiple other plugins for almost every instrument and effects, including mastering, i also found the reverb effect plugin on the audio FX channel for the piano piece I'm currently working on which i didn't even know existed, i was completely inundated with the drop down menus of plug-in presets and their related effects, there is so much to learn.. Logic Pro is truly amazing.
DigitalMusicProduction
Regular

Music is a universal language that speaks to every person, a euphoria of moods that inspires, convicts and heals