You are here

Audient id22 headaches

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Audient id22 headaches

Postby Zukan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:01 am

I have been using the Audient id22 for a few years now. It has some real strengths: good headphone amp, good pres, easy routing matrix, good build, dim and cut, and so on. However, I have found that the drivers cause havoc with my DAW setups. I had problems with my old pc and now the same issues with my new Jedi pc. I have narrowed the issue down to the Audient'ss driver. No amount of updating has helped.

I have an old RMY Babyface here but it is first gen and the drivers don't play game with Win 10, otherwise, I would use that.

With this in mind, can anyone suggest an audio interface that is a like for like for the Audient id22 and costs about the same?
User avatar
Zukan
Moderator
Posts: 9076
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby shufflebeat » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:20 am

If you're only using the onboard ins and outs the SSL2+ is very nice and seems rock solid. Unfortunately doesn't have the extended connectivity or "hover over and control your chosen parameter" feature but I have a mouswheel for that.

Better basic, brilliant and working than being the best kit in the "fix me" box.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5662
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Manchester, UK
"Dance, dance. wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the damp settee..."

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby Kwackman » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:22 am

Zukan wrote:No amount of updating has helped.

Granny suck eggs time..
you've tried the latest driver, but have you checked the unit's firmware version?
Apologies if you've already done this!
User avatar
Kwackman
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2062
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:00 am
Location: Belfast
Cubase, guitars.

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby Zukan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:23 am

Kwackman wrote:
Zukan wrote:No amount of updating has helped.

Granny suck eggs time..
you've tried the latest driver, but have you checked the unit's firmware version?
Apologies if you've already done this!

Yep, done all that.
User avatar
Zukan
Moderator
Posts: 9076
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby Zukan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:24 am

shufflebeat wrote:If you're only using the onboard ins and outs the SSL2+ is very nice and seems rock solid. Unfortunately doesn't have the extended connectivity or "hover over and control your chosen parameter" feature but I have a mouswheel for that.

Better basic, brilliant and working than being the best kit in the "fix me" box.

I did look at that. Phono outs didn't entice me and it doesn't have the connectivity that the Audient offers.
User avatar
Zukan
Moderator
Posts: 9076
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby manwilde » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:19 pm

Sorry to go off topic, but I also have 1st gen Babyface (but I'm on Win7). Why is it not working on Win10?.
Not to question you, just curious, as RME have a reputation for solid drivers and I also work with an UFX and Win 10 with no issues...
manwilde
Regular
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby shufflebeat » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:27 pm

Zukan wrote:
shufflebeat wrote:If you're only using the onboard ins and outs the SSL2+ is very nice and seems rock solid. Unfortunately doesn't have the extended connectivity or "hover over and control your chosen parameter" feature but I have a mouswheel for that.

Better basic, brilliant and working than being the best kit in the "fix me" box.

I did look at that. Phono outs didn't entice me and it doesn't have the connectivity that the Audient offers.

Got that and def if connections are not sufficient then it's a non starter but, to be honest, I hadn't realised it had phono outs until I looked just now, I have it on TRS outs.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
Posts: 5662
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Manchester, UK
"Dance, dance. wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the damp settee..."

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby Zukan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:28 pm

manwilde wrote:Sorry to go off topic, but I also have 1st gen Babyface (but I'm on Win7). Why is it not working on Win10?.
Not to question you, just curious, as RME have a reputation for solid drivers and I also work with an UFX and Win 10 with no issues...

On my previous PC it showed the drivers as installed but couldn't locate the soundcard.
User avatar
Zukan
Moderator
Posts: 9076
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby Zukan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:29 pm

shufflebeat wrote:
Zukan wrote:
shufflebeat wrote:If you're only using the onboard ins and outs the SSL2+ is very nice and seems rock solid. Unfortunately doesn't have the extended connectivity or "hover over and control your chosen parameter" feature but I have a mouswheel for that.

Better basic, brilliant and working than being the best kit in the "fix me" box.

I did look at that. Phono outs didn't entice me and it doesn't have the connectivity that the Audient offers.

Got that and def if connections are not sufficient then it's a non starter but, to be honest, I hadn't realised it had phono outs until I looked just now, I have it on TRS outs.

I need more connections Shuffle as I use a secondary set of monitors. I also need more on the input side of things...
User avatar
Zukan
Moderator
Posts: 9076
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby CS70 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Zukan wrote:I have been using the Audient id22 for a few years now. It has some real strengths: good headphone amp, good pres, easy routing matrix, good build, dim and cut, and so on. However, I have found that the drivers cause havoc with my DAW setups. I had problems with my old pc and now the same issues with my new Jedi pc. I have narrowed the issue down to the Audient'ss driver. No amount of updating has helped.

I have an old RMY Babyface here but it is first gen and the drivers don't play game with Win 10, otherwise, I would use that.

With this in mind, can anyone suggest an audio interface that is a like for like for the Audient id22 and costs about the same?

What is the problem? Does it crash? Or you cannot got too low in buffer etc?

As of the RME, that the PC doesn't show the drivers is probably fixable quite easily.. there's really no reason for which an RME Babyface 1st gen wouldn't work with W10 (unless it's broken of course).. can't until Monday but a zoom call for checking things out is always possible :)
User avatar
CS70
Jedi Poster
Posts: 6886
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:00 am
Location: Oslo, Norway
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby Zukan » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:13 pm

I can see the RME drivers but not the panel. In other words I cannot see it anywhere to access it.
User avatar
Zukan
Moderator
Posts: 9076
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Audient id22 headaches

Postby Ramirez » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Zukan wrote:I can see the RME drivers but not the panel. In other words I cannot see it anywhere to access it.

I had that happen on one laptop. I think a re-install sorted it. Either that or I located the Totalmix launch icon i a faraway folder somewhere and created a shortcut.
Ramirez
Frequent Poster
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Pwllheli, Cymru
www.stiwdiosain.cymru