You are here

Brainworx bx_console N is on a deal today and tomorrow. It's been a revelation for me.

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Brainworx bx_console N is on a deal today and tomorrow. It's been a revelation for me.

Postby ManFromGlass » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:20 pm

What an interesting idea. Will do - thanks.
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Re: Brainworx bx_console N is on a deal today and tomorrow. It's been a revelation for me.

Postby Martin Walker » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:16 pm

Well I succumbed yet again after being convinced that there was absolutely nothing else in the PA range that I'd find useful.

After some stray comment about the Louder Than Liftoff Chop Shop EQ, I downloaded the demo and found it could replace three or four of my other plug-ins but was quicker and easier to use, and more versatile.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... op_eq.html

There goes another £9!

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby desmond » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:11 am

I dunno, all that extravagance on yer birthday!
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby ManFromGlass » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:49 pm

I see how their sale works now -
Announce time limited sale
Keep adding products and email blast about them
Offer Coupon
Let coupon expire, offer it again
Add more to sale
Extend sale

And it ain’t over yet!
Exciting tension music here Will the coupon be offered again?
:smirk:
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Postby desmond » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:55 pm

I expected them to extend the sale, and they did.

I expect them to do one more voucher refresh too, although I'm personally not interested in picking up stuff I don't want even if it's free.

I've got a few PA things on my wish list, none of which I need or need right now, and I'll probably pick some of those things up during the regular Flash/WW promos with a loyalty voucher if the timing works out, and on some things, when the pricing comes down.
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:56 pm

Quick question - is the Townhouse compressor built into any of the consoles on sale?
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Postby desmond » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:59 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:Quick question - is the Townhouse compressor built into any of the consoles on sale?

No, the Townhouse is an early custom SSL Bus compressor.
It's different from the compressors built into the SSL channels.
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby desmond » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:27 pm

Heads up if you have some PA plugs still on your wish list - today is Happy 50th Dirk Day and there is a time limited offer - any 2 plugins for $50 (excluding the usual recent/expensive ones). Code "FOREVER-49", just for today.

*Products NOT included in sale:
ADPTR Audio Streamliner, bx_console SSL 9000J, AMEK EQ200, Bettermaker EQ232D, Gig Performer 3, Unfiltered Audio Bass-Mint, Shadow Hills Class A, Knifonium, dearVR PRO, dearVR MONITOR, Lindell 50 Series, Neold BIG AL, Black Box HG-2MS, bx_limiter True Peak

And you can use your existing loyalty voucher on these too, so I picked up another two items on my wishlist for the princely sum of £11 each...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:35 pm

My wishlist is for the Big Al for a better price, but I guess it’s still too new. Townhouse has some nice character too.
When I was testing the SSL E I loaded up 10 of them on the default patch. The next time I loaded that Logic song it took 20-30 seconds to open. The hit on the CPU was not a problem and low, but I’ve never had a low track count song take so long to open.
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Postby blinddrew » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Anyone else using Console N finding it weirdly decides sometimes that stereo tracks are mono and will only instantiate a mono version of the plugin?
I'm in Reaper so it doesn't really have the concept of mono or stereo tracks at root.
I'll drop BX a note but no idea what their response time is like.
Just curious if anyone else has had the same problem?
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby CS70 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:35 pm

blinddrew wrote:Anyone else using Console N finding it weirdly decides sometimes that stereo tracks are mono and will only instantiate a mono version of the plugin?
I'm in Reaper so it doesn't really have the concept of mono or stereo tracks at root.
I'll drop BX a note but no idea what their response time is like.
Just curious if anyone else has had the same problem?

Haven't really used it so much but it hasn't happened to me yet. In Cakewalk the FX bin is always clearly either stereo or mono (you have a button to decide), and it doesn't matter if you have a mono or stereo clip on the track (see this). If I change the FX interleave, the Console seems to follow it spot on.

But I haven't really used it in anger, so maybe in a complex project it becomes buggy..
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby blinddrew » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:24 pm

Actually just used it on a very simple project and it did it there as well.
Have raised a ticket with BX. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby blinddrew » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:53 pm

Quick thank you to Alasdair who provided this solution (but was having a forum glitch trying to post it here):
1. In the Reaper window for the plugin you'll see at the top right a button labelled something like "2 in 2 out" or "4 in 2 out" or similar. It's just to the right of the "Param" button. Press that and it'll open a pop up window. In there you can config the channels for that track using the matrix. So 2 in 2 out for a standard stereo track, or maybe 4 in 2 out for a stereo track where you want to use the 3/4 pair of channels to drive a compressor sidechain.

2. Next, still on that pop-up window you'll see a wee button labelled "I/O". Click that to see the pop-up menu. From there select "Request VST3 bus channel count" and set that to stereo.

I can confirm it works. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:04 pm

Glad you got things sorted Drew

Those Reaper routing option boxes can be confusing at times, but they more than make up for it by being so versatile!

You can for instance set up multiple parallel FX chains in a single channel, or a switch to bypass an entire FX chain to hear how it's altering your audio.

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby blinddrew » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Martin Walker wrote:Those Reaper routing option boxes can be confusing at times, but they more than make up for it by being so versatile!
Indeed, it took me a few times looking at the grid before it all made sense!
I think this one is with BX though, something about the plug-in was treating identically laid out tracks differently.
But forcing it to stereo has got it sorted. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext