You are here

Brainworx bx_console N is on a deal today and tomorrow. It's been a revelation for me.

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Brainworx bx_console N is on a deal today and tomorrow. It's been a revelation for me.

Postby Martin Walker » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:11 pm

Yep, I've had the occasional plug-in incorrectly recognised by Reaper as having six inputs instead of two, which can result in obscure routing issues unless you force it to what you expect.

It may simply be a certain way that Reaper expects the I/O of a plug-in to be declared on launch that causes some plug-ins to be misrecognised.

Martin
Martin Walker

Re: Brainworx bx_console N is on a deal today and tomorrow. It's been a revelation for me.

Postby blinddrew » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:44 pm

I've had an email from BX today and have shared a bit more detail with them. They're investigating. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby blinddrew » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:41 pm

Turns out Reaper isn't an officially supported DAW (I really should have read that before I bought it! :oops: ) but they're raising a bug report to look into it. I was offered a refund but I'm generally pretty happy with the product and Alasdair's workaround does the job so I said 'thanks but no thanks'.
:thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby blinddrew » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:49 pm

Final update from Frank at BX is that they've been able to replicate the bug now and it's on their official fix list. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Another plugin bargain heads up

Postby desmond » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:15 pm

Another plugin bargain heads up (avoid looking if you are philosophically opposed to iLok):-

Relab's "LX480 Essentials" is on sale. This is a simplified version of their LX480 Complete plugin - an absolutely authentic emulation of the legendary Lexicon 480L. The Essentials version has the same engine, has the Hall/Room/Plate/Ambience algorithms, and limited editability (which I think is a plus at this level) - it doesn't have the Random Hall algorithm and the delay one, and can't operate in dual mode, and as said, has less tweakability - those are the main differences from the full version.

But yes, that's a fantastic sounding 480L emulation with great sounding reverbs, normally $99, for just $35. And no VAT, so you're getting the best part of a 480L for about £25. No brainer. And it sounds wonderful.

https://offers.relabdevelopment.com/?fb ... jfZKXhmQX8

(I lucked out, as a couple of days ago I finally picked up Relab's Sonsig Rev-A for half price, *and* got the LX480 Essentials for free as a special gift to Relab owners. Sonsig Rev-A has now gone back up to full price - unbeknownst to me it was the last day of their half price sale which has been on since November...)
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:35 pm

Well that's good news! :thumbup:
Martin Walker

Postby ManFromGlass » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:57 pm

I don’t know why but I have an image of Desmond spending his day searching for sales, downloading latest purchases, doing exhaustive testing up to the Desmond standard, telling us his findings (thank you!) and then going to bed after a well deserved medicinal beverage, waking up early and doing it all over again because there is a huge backlog! And because . . . plugins, that’s why.

:D :D
ManFromGlass
Jedi Poster

Postby desmond » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:04 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:I don’t know why but I have an image of Desmond spending his day searching for sales, downloading latest purchases, doing exhaustive testing up to the Desmond standard, telling us his findings (thank you!) and then going to bed after a well deserved medicinal beverage, waking up early and doing it all over again because there is a huge backlog! And because . . . plugins, that’s why.

Actually, I just monitor other threads where everyone else is doing that and just posting their findings... much less effort! ;)

I did do a big reverb shootout recently to determine what works for me and what I didn't like so much for various things, and I'm all set for reverbs now (actually, I'm pretty much set for plugins now...)

Additional: beverages are generally tea x6 and the occasional latte... :thumbup:
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby ore_terra » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:59 am

downloaded... will try it out this afternoon
ore_terra
Frequent Poster

Postby ore_terra » Sun May 02, 2021 9:05 am

ore_terra wrote:downloaded... will try it out this afternoon

I’ve liked it. I am more used to “real” room emulations and never really digged before in this kind of reverb.

It has that thing in the highs that is ugly when soloed, but works really well in the mix (as many other things do, right? :mrgreen: )

Here it’s used as main room and drum verb going up and down in the different parts of the songs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqn3ru7uqkr3b ... 1.wav?dl=0
ore_terra
Frequent Poster

Postby BobTheDog » Sat May 08, 2021 8:43 am

Another good one on offer for $39.99 VSM-3: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... vsm-3.html

The code to use at checkout is: VSM-3-3999

I have this on UAD and really like it.
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Previous