You are here

Brainworx bx_console N is on a deal today and tomorrow. It's been a revelation for me.

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Brainworx bx_console N is on a deal today and tomorrow. It's been a revelation for me.

Postby blinddrew » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Had a much better play around today, kudos to them for a decent online manual as well. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: Brainworx bx_console N is on a deal today and tomorrow. It's been a revelation for me.

Postby desmond » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:23 pm

The manual let you know what the mystery squeel was?

(Probably the sound of WUP...)
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby blinddrew » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Nope. But I suspect it was the effect of a couple of the channels being driven too hard into a bus that was also driven too hard.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby Agharta » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:18 pm

desmond wrote:Hmm... the SSL E channel strip is on sale now at $49, and the G series at $29... (plus VAT)

According to a post on VIC forums they have reset the $20 off code which they seem to do quite often.
So even if you used it a few days ago you can do so again:
MEGA-SALE-20OFF
Agharta
Jedi Poster

Postby desmond » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:21 pm

Agharta wrote:
desmond wrote:Hmm... the SSL E channel strip is on sale now at $49, and the G series at $29... (plus VAT)

According to a post on VIC forums they have reset the $20 off code which they seem to do quite often.
MEGA-SALE-20OFF

Oh for goodness sake, I'm trying to avoid buying something, and it's just getting harder...! :lol:
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby Agharta » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:07 pm

:bouncy:
November and December are difficult months for sure.
The siren calls of the seemingly ever deeper sales.
Agharta
Jedi Poster

Postby desmond » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:13 pm

I'm liking the SSL E series plugin quite a bit, and prefer it over the G (but then I always feel that way about SSL channel strips, I think the E has more mojo and the G is cleaner).

I have the UAD SSL channel strip which is my favourite up to now, but I can only use about three instances of that... :lol:

I'll play with it some more and see whether I think it's worth it...
desmond
Jedi Poster

Postby progger » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:25 am

Since the beginning of this thrice-cursed year I've gone rather Brainworx-crazy. Ultimately I'm glad I did, because I ended up getting so much stuff that it rendered the temptation of the UAD ecosystem powerless! I'd been juggling between getting an Apollo Twin and a Babyface Pro, and went with the Babyface very happily since the Plugin-Alliance plugs take care of all the analog modeling I need.

They all seem to me to be very lean on CPU, by the way. Efficient enough to use an instance on many tracks with little impact, in my experience.

Like the OP indicated, the Neve is very good indeed. It was Dirk's first emulation, I think, and it's still stellar. The Focusrite is very good too, but the SSL E and G are my favorites. They're both excellent.

More than all these, lately I've been using the NEOLD V76U73, which is also on sale. Pretty different from the Brainworx strips but it just sounds so, SO good, and without much tweaking. For endless dial-twirling fun, the Brainworx consoles will be the ticket.

Regardless, I think all of them help instrument tracks sound more "like a record" in short order. And yes, I've gone nuts and bought ALL these: Neve, SSL E, SSL G, Focusrite, and V76U73, over the course of various sales. (Never more than $30 US for any of them, thankfully.) Also their Ampeg and Friedman amp emulators are outstanding.
progger

Postby Zukan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:41 am

I've stopped buying plugins.

First my wife left me and now the dog's gone too. As he was walking out whilst giving me the bird he barked 'that Focusrite strip was the last straw Ed, get a grip you tart.'

Now the cat's giving me the eye.
Zukan

Postby blinddrew » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:11 am

You can always trust the dog to be straight with you.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby AlasdairEaston » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:36 pm

:lol: :lol:
AlasdairEaston
Regular

Postby Martin Walker » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:57 pm

Agharta wrote:According to a post on VIC forums they have reset the $20 off code which they seem to do quite often.
MEGA-SALE-20OFF

I've bought so many Plugin Alliance products over the years (every one at bargain sale prices) that I found it difficult to find anything that appealed, but in end I used my first $20 code to buy:

Lindell PEX-500 EQ
Lindell 7X-500 Compressor

...each at $9.99 in the sale, so overall they cost me nothing at all.

Then when the voucher got reset again the next day I scoured the product list yet again and after a long search have finally just purchased:

BlueChorus
BX_Boom

...once again each at $9.99 in the sale, so overall they cost me nothing :mrgreen:

So that's $160 of plug-ins (at 'normal' prices) for free.

Cheapskate? Me?

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Zukan » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 pm

That Lindell PEX-500 EQ is very nice. I use it all the time.
Zukan

Postby Agharta » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Martin Walker wrote:I've bought so many Plugin Alliance products over the years (every one at bargain sale prices) that I found it difficult to find anything that appealed, but in end I used my first $20 code to buy:

Lindell PEX-500 EQ
Lindell 7X-500 Compressor

...each at $9.99 in the sale, so overall they cost me nothing at all.

Then when the voucher got reset again the next day I scoured the product list yet again and after a long search have finally just purchased:

BlueChorus
BX_Boom

...once again each at $9.99 in the sale, so overall they cost me nothing :mrgreen:

So that's $160 of plug-ins (at 'normal' prices) for free.

Cheapskate? Me? Martin

The coupon has been reset again so fill yer boots a 3rd time. :thumbup:
Agharta
Jedi Poster

Postby desmond » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:07 pm

Agharta wrote:The coupon has been reset again so fill yer boots a 3rd time. :thumbup:

I definitely did not take advantage of this a second time. No sir. Not me.

I totally did!
desmond
Jedi Poster

PreviousNext