You are here

MIX COMPARISON - would love to know what this community thinks of my mix of this beat

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

MIX COMPARISON - would love to know what this community thinks of my mix of this beat

Postby DelOro » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:12 am

Any kind of advice or comment on each version would be appreciated. If you like one or the other or if you notice something you would change.

https://soundcloud.com/juliandeloro/set ... nmA1WMO45O

Thanks! :headbang:
DelOro
Poster

Re: MIX COMPARISON - would love to know what this community thinks of my mix of this beat

Postby blinddrew » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:33 pm

I really like it. It grows well, with plenty of ear candy and change of weight. Depending on what you want to use it for you might think about making some sparser sections so that there's a bit more of a pocket for vocals to sit in.
But I like it. :)

EDIT: just noticed there's mix 2 as well which seems to have a bit more space in there. :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: MIX COMPARISON - would love to know what this community thinks of my mix of this beat

Postby Frank Rideau » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:55 pm

I feel track 1 is more brighter and punchier. Drums are definitively mixed louder and it seems to better suit the track. That said, I'm currently listening on regular computer speakers.
Frank Rideau
Regular
http://soundcloud.com/orgasmo-sonore Revisiting Obscure Film Music

Postby DelOro » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:39 pm

blinddrew wrote:I really like it. It grows well, with plenty of ear candy and change of weight. Depending on what you want to use it for you might think about making some sparser sections so that there's a bit more of a pocket for vocals to sit in.
But I like it. :)

EDIT: just noticed there's mix 2 as well which seems to have a bit more space in there. :thumbup:

Appreciate this! I agree I think the drums in the first one punch a bit more and the second one definitely has more space! I will work a bit more on the second mix to make the drums hit a bit harder but I may stick with the first one
DelOro
Poster

Postby DelOro » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:41 pm

Frank Rideau wrote:I feel track 1 is more brighter and punchier. Drums are definitively mixed louder and it seems to better suit the track. That said, I'm currently listening on regular computer speakers.

Thanks Frank! I agree the first one was my original mix which has more processing effects but I wanted to give it more space so I tried again with the second one but I realize it was lacking in punchiness, I will try to adjust the second mix to give it more strength so thank you so much for the feedback!
DelOro
Poster