You are here

Mixdown Sounds Awful! Cubase Artist 9.5 - HELP ME PLEASE!

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Mixdown Sounds Awful! Cubase Artist 9.5 - HELP ME PLEASE!

Postby The Elf » Wed May 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Hippie162 wrote:Maybe it doesn't like the file type (WAVE)? :headbang:
I can't see how this would have anything to do with it.

Assuming you have clean audio in Cubase I would guess that there's something going on between Cubase and what you're hearing.

You need to get down to basics. I really would get a cheap ASIO-enabled audio interface - your life will be much easier for it, at least to avoid all that questionable stuff that seems to be hanging onto the computer's own audio output. Once Cubase can see its own dedicated ASIO device you could be sure you're hearing clean audio. If you aspire to anything even vaguely decent you're going to need an audio interface anyway, so better now than later.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Hippie162 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:24 pm

UPDATE:

The main issue is caused by the "Beats Audio" application / driver that was pre-installed onto this laptop upon purchase.

There are hundreds of threads around the internet regarding how beats is causing this same issue on HP laptops especially when using Spotify and DAW's!.. HP seem to pre-install this. My natural assumption was that the mixdown process itself was the issue but it is a playback issue.

My option now is to uninstall the RealteK driver as Beats "disguises" itself as a generic driver even when the applicaiton has been uninstalled from the laptop :problem: I think I will then need to reinstall the generic windows audio driver and re-start.

I'm actually not going to do this until I have finished this mix, checked it on a different PC and sent off to mastering just in-case I ruin everything as I'm not a PC expert by any means..

So the lesson is AVOID BEATS AUDIO ! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID! (Like a rabid dog
Hippie162
Regular

Postby James Perrett » Wed May 05, 2021 3:29 pm

The Elf wrote:I really would get a cheap ASIO-enabled audio interface - your life will be much easier for it, at least to avoid all that questionable stuff that seems to be hanging onto the computer's own audio output.

I'd echo this advice. Don't go too cheap with the audio interface as many of the budget ones (like the Behringer UCA202 or 222) don't come with proper ASIO drivers. I think you need to go up to something like the Behringer UMC0202 or the M-Audio M-Track range before you get proper drivers.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Hippie162 » Wed May 05, 2021 3:35 pm

The Elf wrote:
Hippie162 wrote:Maybe it doesn't like the file type (WAVE)? :headbang:
I can't see how this would have anything to do with it.

Assuming you have clean audio in Cubase I would guess that there's something going on between Cubase and what you're hearing.

You need to get down to basics. I really would get a cheap ASIO-enabled audio interface - your life will be much easier for it, at least to avoid all that questionable stuff that seems to be hanging onto the computer's own audio output. Once Cubase can see its own dedicated ASIO device you could be sure you're hearing clean audio. If you aspire to anything even vaguely decent you're going to need an audio interface anyway, so better now than later.

Thanks, just been on Amazon and purchased a cheap Behringer Interface which will arrive tomorrow :-)
Hippie162
Regular

Postby The Elf » Wed May 05, 2021 3:48 pm

Hippie162 wrote:Thanks, just been on Amazon and purchased a cheap Behringer Interface which will arrive tomorrow :-)
OK, just make sure it has ASIO drivers (not utilising ASIO4ALL) and MIDI ports, ideally - at some point you will be glad you have them.

We'll get you there! :thumbup:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby worshiptuned » Wed May 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Hippie162 wrote:UPDATE:
The main issue is caused by the "Beats Audio" application / driver that was pre-installed onto this laptop upon purchase.

It is often the fault of the new and "magical" app, which is supposed to make things easier and instead drives us crazy :lol: .
I'm glad you've spotted the problem :thumbup:
worshiptuned
Regular
my Spotify my YouTube  

Postby manwilde » Wed May 05, 2021 5:17 pm

Glad you solved the problem, enjoy your new interface and make sure, as it's been said, it has its own drivers!
manwilde
Regular

Previous