You are here

LUF loudness for spotify and youtube

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: LUF loudness for spotify and youtube

Postby James Perrett » Sun May 16, 2021 1:20 pm

Keep the master fader at 0 and use the master limiter to adjust the level (or a volume plug-in before the master limiter if the level hitting the master limiter is too loud).
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby alexhedleymusic » Sun May 16, 2021 1:35 pm

RichardT wrote:As an alternative to using the master fader automation to control the master volume you could try a gain plugin pre-fader to bring the volume down. If that affects the meters you then know you have them pre-fader.

Thanks a lot! this has worked. Appreciate it!
alexhedleymusic
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Sun May 16, 2021 3:43 pm

As you can tell, there's a lot to take onboard in this recording/mixing lark. If you're planning on doing a lot of it I'd recommend getting a solid grounding in what's happening. Mike Senior has an excellent pair of books called Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio and the companion Recording Secrets... and I would definitely recommend springing a few bucks on them.
If you're in the UK, there are also a couple of people on the forum (Zukan and The Elf) who offer 1:1 tuition at very reasonable rates and an afternoon with them will give your skills and knowledge a huge boost.

(I have no commercial relationship with any of the people mentioned above, but I do own books/ebooks from Mike and Zukan and have had direct tuition from The Elf.)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Previous