You are here

Help me with my thesis by answering to a survey and you can WIN an OEKSOUND plugin of your choice!

For everything after the recording stage: hardware/software and how you use it.

Moderator: Moderators

Help me with my thesis by answering to a survey and you can WIN an OEKSOUND plugin of your choice!

Postby VilleJokinen » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi everyone!

I’m doing a survey for my thesis on audio plug-in users, and I would highly appreciate the help and opinions of the community! By answering this survey, you are also helping to develop customer centricity in the audio plug-in industry.

Plugin company oeksound has provided me with a prize to draw among the participants of the survey, so you have a chance to win an awesome oeksound plugin as well! The winner of the draw can choose which oeksound plugin they want: soothe2 or spiff.

Answering the survey takes about 5 minutes. Each and every answer is valuable for the success of the survey. Please answer by June 15th, 2021.

You can access the survey here:
https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/1B64E574946CE54F

The survey is anonymous. The results of this survey will be shared with oeksound. Filling your email address at the end of the survey is otherwise voluntary but needed to enter the draw. Email addresses of the respondents cannot be connected to the answers and will not be shared with other parties or used for any other purposes. Only the draw winner’s email address will be shared with oeksound to deliver the prize. The winner will be contacted by oeksound by the end of June.

The survey is also shared through other channels.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Ville Jokinen
Student of business administration at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Finland
VilleJokinen
New here

Re: Help me with my thesis by answering to a survey and you can WIN an OEKSOUND plugin of your choice!

Postby Folderol » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:24 pm

Meh!
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Re: Help me with my thesis by answering to a survey and you can WIN an OEKSOUND plugin of your choice!

Postby shufflebeat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Folderol wrote:Meh!

That's a bit harsh, Fol. I think this deserves no more than an "umm...".
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dance, dance. wherever you may be, for I am the Lord of the damp settee..."

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Postby Wonks » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:13 pm

It's a far better survey than most we get here. Not perfect, but definitely answerable.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby BJG145 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:29 pm

shufflebeat wrote:
Folderol wrote:Meh!

That's a bit harsh, Fol. I think this deserves no more than an "umm...".

It's a truly bizarre thread title.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Postby RichardT » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:58 pm

It’s not a bad survey atall! The only confusion to me was - what is an audio plugin? I assumed it included every kind of virtual instrument, effect and metering tool that can be added as an individual item in a DAW (so excluding built in channel strip in Cubase for example).

Perhaps the OP could put their definition into the survey, or at least this thread?
RichardT
Frequent Poster

Postby Mike Stranks » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:45 pm

Good survey IMHO...

... and much better than the short-lived SOS plug-in survey which was predicated on the idea that only music-people use plugins. :roll:
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 pm

So, Ville Jokinen, I've completed your survey. What happens to it now? That is, what use will you make of the data collected? And in particular will you share your conclusions here? I'd be more interested in that than winning another plug-in.

TIA,

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
Every disaster movie starts with a scientist ignored.

Postby Moroccomoose » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:27 am

As a hobbyist, question 13 made me answer considerably above my station! :lol:
Moroccomoose
Regular

Postby VilleJokinen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:56 pm

RichardT wrote:It’s not a bad survey atall! The only confusion to me was - what is an audio plugin? I assumed it included every kind of virtual instrument, effect and metering tool that can be added as an individual item in a DAW (so excluding built in channel strip in Cubase for example).

Perhaps the OP could put their definition into the survey, or at least this thread?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, you assumed correctly. By audio plugins I did indeed mean all kinds of audio plugins: instruments, effects, metering etc. As long as it's usable in a DAW and is focused on audio in any way.
VilleJokinen
New here

Postby VilleJokinen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:15 pm

ConcertinaChap wrote:So, Ville Jokinen, I've completed your survey. What happens to it now? That is, what use will you make of the data collected? And in particular will you share your conclusions here? I'd be more interested in that than winning another plug-in.

TIA,

CC

Hi!

After the survey closes (after July 15th), I will analyze the research results and report my findings in my thesis report. Since I am studying in Finnish, the report will also be in Finnish. My thesis will be published as public information, and I could share it here for you.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time or resources to translate it to English. So unless you speak Finnish, I don't think it would be of any use to you...

BR
Ville Jokinen
VilleJokinen
New here

Postby James Perrett » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:05 pm

VilleJokinen wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have the time or resources to translate it to English. So unless you speak Finnish, I don't think it would be of any use to you...

Google Translate does an amazing job these days so it would be worth posting up a link.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby VilleJokinen » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:40 am

James Perrett wrote:
VilleJokinen wrote:Unfortunately, I don't have the time or resources to translate it to English. So unless you speak Finnish, I don't think it would be of any use to you...

Google Translate does an amazing job these days so it would be worth posting up a link.

Google Translate seems to do pretty well with many languages nowadays, but it seems that Finnish -> English translations are very low priority with Google. Understandably though, Finland is a small country. But perhaps one can get some idea of it.

The publication of the thesis goes to august/september for practical reasons, so it'll be a while. But yeah, I will post a link here for those that are interested in the results!

BR
Ville Jokinen
VilleJokinen
New here

Postby jaminem » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Done, although being from England I had to tick the 'other' field when asked for my location :evil:
jaminem
Frequent Poster

Postby VilleJokinen » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Hi all!

Thank you for the support. We have gotten a pretty good amount of respondents, but we still need a bit more! So I'm extending the survey until June 20th. So you still have time to answer and participate in the draw until the end of this week.
VilleJokinen
New here