You are here

Harrison Mixbus 32C

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Re: Harrison Mixbus 32C

Postby SimonZ » Tue May 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Chromeman wrote:Also, I don't understand why Harrison didn't release the mixer section as a plug-in. After all, it's the bit most people are interested in......

It's not like having a channel strip plugin and a stereo bus plugin, (like VCC for example) it's about the whole signal path handling.

You know when Cubase/logic/Protools release new versions, you often see the phrase "improved audio engine" or similar ?

Now that is the bit Harrison does really, really well. It's not just adding all the 0s and 1s together.
It's about all the many ways that might be done, and the number of years they have been doing just that.
They make very serious consoles.
The knowledge from the MPC5 console is there inside Mixbus and I think that is the part that makes Mixbus sound different.

Other DAWs are much better for chopping up audio into little bits and moving them around on a screen though !

And if you read Harrison's blurb, that's exactly what they suggest you do.
SimonZ
Regular

Postby awjoe » Tue May 03, 2016 9:27 pm

SimonZ wrote:
Other DAWs are much better for chopping up audio into little bits and moving them around on a screen though !

And if you read Harrison's blurb, that's exactly what they suggest you do.

"Already using another DAW? No problem. It’s a simple and quick process to export your audio files from your current DAW to Mixbus32C and use the exceptional Mixbus32C “True Analog Style™ Mixing” engine for your final mix. No need to change your current workflow, just add convenience, ease, and sound quality by doing all your final mixing in Mixbus32C."

That's not exactly a suggestion to use other DAWs for editing; it's just saying it's a can-do if you want to.
awjoe
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Fringe member of the Party Pooper People's Party

Postby SimonZ » Tue May 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Yes, I should have put (if that's what you prefer) on the end ;)
SimonZ
Regular

Postby Maryfield » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:30 am

Just picked Mixbus 32c up for £103 in the Labor Day sale. Only had a quick play but I like it. My work flow is to track in Reaper then I use ReaRoute to send out to Mixbus32c. My point being you can mix your existing projects from Reaper with Mixbus32c without having to import files.
Maryfield

Postby ore_terra » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Anyone updated to v 5 yet?
ore_terra
Frequent Poster

Previous