You are here

Behringer Wing

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Re: Behringer Wing

Postby The Elf » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:12 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:I want a setup that 'just works' for everything in order to minimise interruptions to the creative process.
That was the aim of my last upgrade too - and I achieved it in spades. I can record any synth or module in just a couple of clicks. It really does make for a more creative environment and for me that's a huge deal.

My choice was an RME MADIFace and a couple of Ferrofish A32s. If I was starting again now I'd maybe go Dante, but what I have works really well, so I'm not 100% on that.

Take your time and think it through - I can honestly say that my system is an absolute dream, but it did take a while for me to figure where I was going with it; now I understand my options I know I got it right, but it's tough when you really don't know who to ask, or even what the questions are!
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Wonks » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:43 pm

The Elf wrote:Thomann are showing £2,566.06.
£2599 in Andertons.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:12 pm

The Elf wrote:
Eddy Deegan wrote:I want a setup that 'just works' for everything in order to minimise interruptions to the creative process.
That was the aim of my last upgrade too - and I achieved it in spades. I can record any synth or module in just a couple of clicks. It really does make for a more creative environment and for me that's a huge deal.

My choice was an RME MADIFace and a couple of Ferrofish A32s. If I was starting again now I'd maybe go Dante, but what I have works really well, so I'm not 100% on that.

Take your time and think it through - I can honestly say that my system is an absolute dream, but it did take a while for me to figure where I was going with it; now I understand my options I know I got it right, but it's tough when you really don't know who to ask, or even what the questions are!

Thank you Elf, this is also great food for thought. It's not going to be an overnight thing, nor will it be an impulse buy. I may also have to implement the upgrade over a period of time if it includes multiple expensive boxes. Like you I've got to the point where I just need something as transparent to the workflow as possible.

Focussing on what I need, it's not so much a desk as levels can be set at source and I don't use many of the on-board capabilities of the desk I have really. Rather the requirement is an ability to interface that many analogue inputs and present them to the PC, so a pure interface option may well give me the best result for the investment.

I'm doing some research and looking around at the moment. I also need to consider future expansion, footprint and long-term support etc. Thanks again for the run-down of the solution you found. That's a great place to start.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Postby The Elf » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:43 pm

Come and see my system in action if you like.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby Eddy Deegan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:28 pm

The Elf wrote:Come and see my system in action if you like.

You've preempted the next question I was going to ask you. I'll take you up on that, cheers :thumbup:

I'll give you a shout once I've figured out some possible dates and we'll figure something out that works mutually.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Behringer just put up a short video answering some questions about the Wing for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyANIOZXtlo
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.

Postby Folderol » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:37 pm

Impressive. They really are paying attention to the users aren't they.
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Previous