You are here

Missing credits on streaming platforms

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Missing credits on streaming platforms

Postby clarareveel » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:44 pm

Hi !
First time I post on the forum - I have so many questions ! I hope some of you could help me...

I just started to work in the music industry, and I realize that there is a lot of producers/songwriters/engineers that are not credited on Spotify or on other streaming platforms. This is so frustrating ! Creatives deserves to be recognized, credited and paid for their hard-work.
Some professionals told me it's because there is a lost of metadata between the studio, the label and the streaming platform.

Did you agree ?
clarareveel
Clara 

Re: Missing credits on streaming platforms

Postby James Perrett » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 pm

I have moved this post to New Products and Industry News as it appears that Clara actually works for a web site that claims to help creators with their credits on streaming platforms. While this form of promotion is a rather underhand tactic it seems like this service could be useful if it really works and doesn't cost too much.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby clarareveel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Yes it's free and life changing !
We are building a collaborative app to make sure producers, songwriters and all the contributors are credited and paid for their work !
Feedback is key to ensure that our product is efficient for creatives. That's why we are looking for producers who are interested in working with us to guide the product development !

If you want more info reach out to me ! I would love to tell you more about this app.
clarareveel
Clara 

Postby James Perrett » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:05 pm

Thanks for coming back to us. Feel free to post a link to your website in this thread.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page