You are here

FREE DOWNLOAD: Waldorf Edition 2 LE

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

FREE DOWNLOAD: Waldorf Edition 2 LE

Postby Audio Plugin Deals » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:08 pm

The Waldorf Edition 2 – LE Version – FREE DOWNLOAD!
Timeless, Classic Synth Bundle now $0.00 for a Limited Time!

For just 2 weeks, get The Waldorf Edition 2 – LE Version for FREE (normally $22).

The The Waldorf Edition 2 – LE Version contains the following: ATTACK, PPG WAVE 2.V and D-POLE.

ATTACK is a percussion synthesizer powered by an almighty analogue synth sound generator. It transports the trademark sounds of classic Eighties analogue drum machines and the progressive electronic club beats of the Nineties onwards and upwards into truly 21st Century production environments.

PPG WAVE 2.V is a virtual reincarnation of its namesake cult classic, coming to prominence with the trailblazing PPG Wave series starting back in 1982. First resurrected in 1989 with the Waldorf Microwave, today it enjoys a new lease of life in virtual studios on Mac and PC computers. Classic wavetable synthesis is known for conjuring up the feisty analogue and digital hybrid sounds that have graced so many hit records over so many decades.

D-POLE completes the Waldorf Edition 2 lineup as a very versatile filter plug-in with five filter types (lowpass, bandpass, high pass, notch, and resonator),

Download Free Here: https://audioplugin.deals/the-waldorf-e ... -download/
Free Download Offer Ends March 10th 2020

https://soundcloud.com/waldorf-music/se ... rf-edition

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Fthh901oj0
Audio Plugin Deals
Regular

Re: FREE DOWNLOAD: Waldorf Edition 2 LE

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:47 pm

Does the free version qualify for upgrades to the full edition?

Also, in the 'key features' section of https://audioplugin.deals/the-waldorf-e ... -download/ it says:

AudioPluginDeals wrote:Key Features

PPG 2.2V
Accurately modelled after the legendary PPG Wave 2.3
32 wavetables with 64 waveforms each
Synced arpeggiator
8-part multitimbral
2 stereo outputs
Up to 64 voices per instance (depending on available CPU power)
Over 700 sounds included

ATTACK
Virtual analog sound synthesis
24 percussion sounds per kit
Plays polyphonic bass and lead sounds
6 stereo outputs

But on Waldorf's product page it would suggest that some of the above are only available in the full version:

Waldorf wrote:This is the LE version of Waldorf Edition 2. It has some restrictions over the full version. The full version has many advantages over the LE version:

Attack:
24 parts instead of 12 in LE version
64 voices opposed to eight in LE version
melodic sounds
six stereo outputs (To me this infers that this is a full version feature?)

PPG Wave 2.V:
eight MIDI channels
64 voices instead of eight
two stereo outputs (To me this infers that this is a full version feature?)
possible upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V in our webshop

Can you clarify exactly what is on offer in the free LE version, as the AudioPluginDeals page seems to be listing features of the full version?

I'm not knocking the offer, far from it, but I do think offers should be clear on what they are exactly. I don't think Waldorf's summary of the differences is super clear either!
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.
Please consider supporting the SOS Forum Album project.

Postby OneWorld » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:08 pm

Eddy Deegan wrote:Does the free version qualify for upgrades to the full edition?

Also, in the 'key features' section of https://audioplugin.deals/the-waldorf-e ... -download/ it says:

AudioPluginDeals wrote:Key Features

PPG 2.2V
Accurately modelled after the legendary PPG Wave 2.3
32 wavetables with 64 waveforms each
Synced arpeggiator
8-part multitimbral
2 stereo outputs
Up to 64 voices per instance (depending on available CPU power)
Over 700 sounds included

ATTACK
Virtual analog sound synthesis
24 percussion sounds per kit
Plays polyphonic bass and lead sounds
6 stereo outputs

But on Waldorf's product page it would suggest that some of the above are only available in the full version:

Waldorf wrote:This is the LE version of Waldorf Edition 2. It has some restrictions over the full version. The full version has many advantages over the LE version:

Attack:
24 parts instead of 12 in LE version
64 voices opposed to eight in LE version
melodic sounds
six stereo outputs (To me this infers that this is a full version feature?)

PPG Wave 2.V:
eight MIDI channels
64 voices instead of eight
two stereo outputs (To me this infers that this is a full version feature?)
possible upgrade to PPG Wave 3.V in our webshop

Can you clarify exactly what is on offer in the free LE version, as the AudioPluginDeals page seems to be listing features of the full version?

I'm not knocking the offer, far from it, but I do think offers should be clear on what they are exactly. I don't think Waldorf's summary of the differences is super clear either!

I have downloaded so many of this kind of thing and yes, although free, end up being more trouble than they are worth, just bungs more cludge on the PC, I have decided to deny myself such 'treats' and learn how to use the stuff I've bought better.
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:34 pm

OneWorld wrote:I have downloaded so many of this kind of thing and yes, although free, end up being more trouble than they are worth, just bungs more cludge on the PC, I have decided to deny myself such 'treats' and learn how to use the stuff I've bought better.

I can understand that. Although I have grabbed the (very) occasional freebie, these days it's usually direct from the vendor as I've found that if something is available through a deal-provider, then it's often heavily discounted direct from the vendor too. If it isn't, asking the original vendor via mail for anything they can do has also worked well for me.

I have also become a lot more discerning as my paid-for plugin collection has expanded over the years, and this too has a positive knock on effect as you can often get a deal simply due to the fact you've registered a number of purchases with them. Arturia gave me Pigments for free, effectively.

The concept of plugin deals is not a bad one in principle but in my experience the section of the industry* that does them has been less than ideal, as the offers rarely go into detail about caveats such as functional limitations, additional licensing steps etc. and tend to focus on the marketing rather than the substance.

I'm not specifically picking on Audio Plugin Deals here, and I have found them polite, helpful and responsive on the one occasion I had cause to make a request of them directly, but even the queries I've posted above show that you need to look twice at a lot of this stuff to really understand what is on offer.

The LE version may suit some people just fine, and more power to their elbow, but in any case I strongly believe that products should be advertised accurately and important or salient information should be made clear up front and not hard to find.

* This is true of other types of software too ... for example I picked up a cheap version of Vegas Pro video editing suite from a 'get a deal' site (it was the previous-to-current release version) and after installing it I was bombarded with notifications prompting me to upgrade it, to buy other stuff and so on. I was able to dive in and disable all these but the fact that the nag software was installed (and auto-run at boot) in the first place was intensely annoying. Of course there was no mention of this up front.
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.

Postby Eddy Deegan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:47 am

At the risk of being 'that guy' I am slightly disappointed that there has been no response to my response to the original post.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm a potential customer who took the time to do a cursory search or two which raised some questions that any consumer might ask.

Audio Plugin Deals, please don't go silent in the face of questions. This is a public forum and as such some kind of interaction going on here would be welcome.

Just to be clear, I'm a potential (if alert) customer, not an opponent :angel:
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.

Postby IAA » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:08 am

Just to be clear, I'm a potential (if alert) customer, not an opponent :angel:

I had a quick look and think you’re right. I’m leaving it on that basis unless OP says otherwise. One of the nicest freebies recently was the Arturia EMT plate, I practically have it on most of the projects I’m working on. Those are the kind of freebies I like! :D
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:56 am

Still nothing :(
Eddy Deegan
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Some of my works.