You are here

Studiospares now part of the JHS Group

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

Studiospares now part of the JHS Group

Postby Mike Stranks » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:59 pm

Forgive me if this is 'old' news... I've been away!! :)

I noticed that Studiospares were doing a lot of deals on their own brand products....

... started doing some digging and discovered that Barry Lambert sold-up last summer and the company (now legally a different company) is part of the JHS group.

So maybe this is the start of repositioning and new emphases...
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Re: Studiospares now part of the JHS Group

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:33 pm

JHS has been around a long time (I used to deal with them when I was in the MI retail sector (last half of the '70s). They were a decent company back then but, like I said, it's a long time ago. They are responsible for some good kit these days though, Vintage brand guitars for one which are very good for the money.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby IAA » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:01 pm

I've been away!! :)

...and it’s good to see you back!

I’ve used studiospares recently (first time) and was quite impressed with their stock range and on line service...Someone was doing something right, I decided if I need some studio cables et al I’ll nosey on down there in future....as well as my usual online shops.
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:43 pm

Hi Mike - great to see one of your smiley posts again.

Long may it continue! :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby James Perrett » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:15 pm

Good to see you back again Mike.

I know that they moved recently and it seemed like they had a different owner but I hadn't twigged that they were now part of the JHS group. I wonder if this is because JHS's traditional customers (small music shops) aren't so plentiful so they need their own retail channel now.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Arpangel » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 pm

I used to be a customer of SP when they were in Camden, and almost worked for them.
I got the impression a few months ago, that they we’re having a bit of trouble, I liked the independent attitude, I hope it doesn’t become just another faceless corporate company.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster (Level2)