You are here

PreSonus Studio One 5 just announced

Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.

PreSonus Studio One 5 just announced

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:13 pm

For anyone interested, the livestream is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNrrTbcxV48

It's still in progress at the time of writing (only 10 minutes in) and there is another related announcement pending before the end of the livestream according to them.

Hmm... the second announcement was the introduction of a new subscription option called Sphere at about $15.00/month. The usual shizzle about getting access to all their plugins and so forth. That's definitely not an option I'm in the market for (and judging by the negative reactions of quite a few viewers I'm not alone) but Studio One 5 looks quite interesting.
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.
Please consider submitting an original track to the 2nd SOS Forum Album project!

Re: PreSonus Studio One 5 just announced

Postby fatbenelton » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:37 pm

As I got Studio One 4 Pro after the 1st April, I've been given the chance of free upgrade to Studio One 5 or Sphere Membership for a year......reckon I'll just take the upgrade and leave Sphere for now. Looks OK if you have no other content but doubt I'd benefit!
fatbenelton
Frequent Poster
Jonny

Postby Eddy Deegan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Yes, I got that mail too :)

There's no way I'll subscribe to anything when it comes to music production so I'll be taking the free upgrade to version 5 for sure. Now just need to wait for their servers to come up again because they've been effectively down since the announcement (which is a bit surprising given I would have expected them to ramp up for it!)
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works.
Please consider submitting an original track to the 2nd SOS Forum Album project!

Postby 6120 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:06 pm

I've been an S1 user since v2 and am now on 4.6.
I'm going through the various online video reviews of v5 and much of it looks very interesting (for me it's the Clip Gain Envelopes that would be most useful) but I can't see that the Prof upgrade price of £128.40 is going to entice me at the moment.
I'll keep monitoring it for a while though...
Regular