You are here
Inphonik releases free PCM2612 Retro Decimator Unit
Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Inphonik announces the release of a free effect plug-in: the PCM2612 Retro Decimator Unit for Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux and iOS.
The PCM2612 Retro Decimator Unit is a bitcrusher effect based on the same technology developed for Inphonik’s RYM2612 Iconic FM Synthesizer (a rendition of the Sega Genesis sound chip). The 8-bit decimation is inherited from the FM synth’s PCM playback feature, packed in a simple and compact effect unit. It gives a distinctive 8-bit quantized and aliased effect to any sound you plug into it. On one hand, it adds distortion due to the 8-bit quantization, and on the other hand, it adds aliasing due to the resampling. Also, the PCM2612 can emulate the line-out circuitry of the Sega Genesis Model 1, released in 1988.
The PCM2612 is available now, for free, as VST, Audio Unit, AAX, Rack Extension, and iOS App.
Key features :
• 32-steps scalable 8-bit decimation
• Dry / Wet level knob
• Stereo / Mono switch
• Switchable output filtering between Legacy (modeled after the Sega Genesis Model 1 amp output circuitry) and Crystal Clear (purely digital)
• Graphical interface scaling options (1x, 1.5x, 2x)
• Switchable graphical form factor (vertical box or horizontal rack)
• Low CPU usage
• Native Linux and Apple Silicon plug-in
Product page: https://www.inphonik.com/products/pcm2612-retro-decimator-unit/
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:43 pm