Eplex7 DSP has released Klerhaim N1 – analog VST plugin synthesizer with virtual circuit emulation technology
There are many analog emulation synthesizers available, but unfortunately 99,5% of them are far from real analog hardware synths (sounding sterile, digital, cold, boring, robotic, uniformly, numb and sharp).
Firstly because they are made by coders, not electronic engineers. They perfectly understand the code but not circuits, electronic components and physics. We are both: programmers and educated electronic engineers with more than 18 years of experiences.
And also… basic code cannot behave like electricity in real analog circuits.
That is a reason why we developed our own virtual circuit technology. We are emulating whole analog circuits, electronic components and modules of synthesizer + their behavior in various situations, noises, feedbacks, interfering signals etc.
In real analog synthesizer everything is moving, changing, modulating, living…analog synth is like a living organism. Nothing is static. The electricity and circuits are in constant “chaos”.
Analog oscillator waveforms are not precise, sharp and always the same like in digital synths. They are changing their shape, have a noise, harmonics, ringing, modulating their tone / pitch, volume etc.
Also output from oscillator module is saturated. It is not just output of whole synthesizer but output of every circuit / module. More volume of oscillator = more saturation and color.
Analog envelopes (modulating filter, amp or pitch) are not linear like in digital synths. They are exponential and changing their shape in time / different one with every different note. Including some noise and harmonics too. The peaks / spikes are not digitally sharp but analogue round.
The filters are creating small distortion / harmonics. They are not perfectly stable. The values are changing 0,1%. Including is the noise and output is saturated. Simply everything is “living” in analog synthesizer because of laws of physics / electricity.
Every note sounds a little bit different, that is why analog sound is rich, organic, warm, fat and like real instrument.
We have successfully emulated analog behavior, individual circuits and electronic components.
Klerhaim N1 is not exact emulation of one existing analog synthesizer. We preferred to analyze more than 5 analog synths of vintage 60s 70s and 80s era. The analyze of individual circuits (oscs, filters, lfos, envelopes, etc.) not just output sound and combine
various different vintage analog circuits to one complex synthesizer VST plug-in emulation.
- 2 analog type voltage controlled oscillators with saw, triangle, square, ramp, pulse 1, Pulse 2 waveforms, volume control, octave selector, fine-tune control, LFO mod control, on / off switch
(with complete analog emulation behavior like saturation, noise, harmonics, automatic pitch modulation / interference, etc.)
- Analog temperature control (emulation of circuit temperature – more temperature = more noise and interference signals)
- pink / white noise generator + on / off switch
- Analog exponential amp envelope with attack, decay, sustain, release controls and 7 different shapes of envelope for different sound / different type of modulation
- Analog exponential filter envelope with attack, decay, sustain, release controls and 7 different shapes of envelope for different sound / different type of modulation
- Voltage controlled low pass analog emulated filter with 12 / 24db slope and slope selector. With cutoff, emphasis, tracking and envelope mod. Controls
- 2x LFO (with saw, triangle, square, ramp, pulse waveforms) speed and depth control
- Output analog saturation
- Glide and pitchbend controls
- preset manager with 100 presets (leads, bass, brass, stabs, acid, fx, special vintage sounds, keys)
- 2 versions available, classic and soft sounding (with softer vintage transients / peaks)
Price: 59 €. There is a time-limited introductory price 34,90 €.
Product page / download demo version: https://eplex7.com/klerhaim-n1-analog-vst-plugin-synthesizer/
You are here
Eplex7 releases Klerhaim N1 analog VST plugin synthesizer with virtual circuit emulation technology
Announce new products, updates, events, competitions, jobs and special offers here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Eplex7 DSP
- Posts: 61
- Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:46 pm
Endless possibilities and sound innovations. We move sound of modern electronic music to new unknown levels.