You are here

Come on... show us your sites...

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: Come on... show us your sites...

Postby blinddrew » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 am

Marbury wrote:Since I last shared I have added a few more tracks on Soundcloud. I get encouraging comments but never equates to a sale on Bandcamp, the latter site I personaly thnk is a waste of time sadly.
I tend to use them for slightly different jobs. Soundcloud for sharing work in progress, getting comments and building a bit of a network. Bandcamp is just for completed releases. This obviously means that the Bandcamp site gets much less traffic, but when I do release something it's going on a 'clean' site that is just about listening and buying - there's no confusion of purpose or messy feeds.

However I caveat this with the fact that my days of taking this stuff seriously are long behind me, I know you have a very different cat to skin. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:48 pm

blinddrew wrote:I tend to use them for slightly different jobs. Soundcloud for sharing work in progress, getting comments and building a bit of a network. Bandcamp is just for completed releases. This obviously means that the Bandcamp site gets much less traffic, but when I do release something it's going on a 'clean' site that is just about listening and buying - there's no confusion of purpose or messy feeds.

Exactly my approach, with the added advantage that while you get people following you on Soundcloud, a few of them inevitably end up being click-bait (I now rarely follow back anyone who has not posted any music themselves for instance, and definitely not if their avatar is wearing a bikini ;)).

Meanwhile, on Bandcamp the only people who tend to follow you are those who actively want to hear about your new releases, while those who appear as supporters are those who have actually purchased some of your music 8-)

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby blinddrew » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:28 pm

You know, I've never used it like that before. I have just signed up for a fan account though. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Previous