You are here

Come on... show us your sites...

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: Come on... show us your sites...

Postby gerard » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:06 pm

hey thanks person man...

yeah, the waiting for the ice age site is pretty much done, just fine tuning some things... adding more photos and improving the text etc etc...

i just added a couple more audio files to the music section...

i recorded everyting in my home studio (spare bedroom)

---

inpaindie web site has cool cinematic transitions...

rawk on dudes!
gerard
Regular

Postby iceman » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:17 pm

cheers for the comments guys, my cousin did the website for us, he knows his beans as they say, his sites are www.devilshands.com and www.double-yellow.com theres gonna be a chat room/tag board thing and a news ticker put on the front page as well, the meta tag thing im not sure what that is i`ll speak to my cousin tho and see what he says,
iceman
Regular
as metal as your nanna`s new hip

Postby cc. » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:16 pm

gerard wrote:http://waitingfortheiceage.co.uk/

its in early stages... so be gentle! heh heh... 1 thing i need to do is make the jpegs smaller... i gotta compress them better...

Yeah - it took 40 seconds before the splash loaded for me (and I have broadband!) - and during that time the page was just blank - I'm guessing most people would just think the site was dead. Likewise when you click the main menu options you don't get much feedback that anything is happening, it just looks broken.

Also your music page used some quicktime plugin that firefox didn't understand (and I have quicktime installed which is more than a lot of windows people do). It did work in IE6, but only the bottom half of the players showed and they were all bunched up at the top rather than lined up with the song names.

Sorry if that wasn't gentle, but I thought you'd like to know ;)
cc.
Regular

Postby Brownstone » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:41 pm

I really love the colour combinations. The BOLD is very effective. Friendly and down-to-earth without being simplistic. Good call. I always love the use of watermarking and you've done a splendid job of it with the synths etc. A joy to look at.

All the best with the finishings.
Brownstone
Poster

Postby Brownstone » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:51 pm

Exciting, entertaining and unique. Not my style of music but, exceptional site IMO. Really liked the B&W watermark photos. Great job!
Brownstone
Poster

Postby Brownstone » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:55 pm

GlynB wrote:Like the design, most professional looking. good job.

Coupla observations...
The logo in the centre of the home page - when I clicked it didn't do anything? Is that work in progress or just a glitch?

The bio.
I wouldn't bother telling everyone about band members who didn't work out (so and so replaced x who left on bass then y came in , blah...) most people aren't really interested in that kind of detailed history stuff (unless you're a huge band with obsessive fans). Just tell us something really positive and interesting about your current band members. Accentuate the positive!

Hey, just my opinions, I'm no expert - hope it's constructive.

The logo in the centre of the page is to start and stop the SoundFX
Brownstone
Poster

Postby Brownstone » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:02 pm

Even if I were Italian or Greek or Lithowanian I'd still hire you guys to play my wedding!. Jiggers. Excellant party band.
Brownstone
Poster

Postby forumuser637535 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:33 pm

wahay, thanky!

The draft version of the site is updated, if anyone wants to comment. I've changed the LHS images, which are now a lot better.

bigdaymusic site draft
g
forumuser637535
Regular

Postby namke » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:10 pm

Ok, a bit late I know... but here's mine!

minimism.com (active)

namke.com (stagnant)

I use a CMS (drupal) for the minimism site, and find it really good for adding/maintaining content...
namke
Poster

http://wonkystuff.net

Postby Dubsounds » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:22 pm

BMWerks wrote:I really love the colour combinations. The BOLD is very effective. Friendly and down-to-earth without being simplistic. Good call. I always love the use of watermarking and you've done a splendid job of it with the synths etc. A joy to look at.

All the best with the finishings.

Thanks BMW, that's realy encouraging. You highlighted all the bits I worked hardest on as being the things you liked. That's brilliant, cheers 8-)
Dubsounds
New here

Postby forumuser637535 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:22 am

minimism : I like that box. It should be sitting on a plain black background, with no lines or stars to disrupt the starkness of the image IMO. Nice tho

g
forumuser637535
Regular

Postby iceman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:04 pm

got the `news` ticker up on the site you can drag it around woo hoo!! next up chatroom/forum
iceman
Regular
as metal as your nanna`s new hip

Postby smokescreen sam » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:13 pm

oh go on then!This is my bands site. There's mp3s on there and all sorts of pics and stuff. www.smokescreenweb.co.uk
enjoy!
smokescreen sam
Poster

www.smokescreenweb.co.uk

MacBook Pro. Digi003. Octopre LE.

Postby PWGLE » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:45 am

Finally got my design sorted, this is the one!!!

Any comments, etc.. or if you want some free webhosting just shout! ;)

www.msweb.co.uk

Laurence...

(p.s. i'm going to increase the transparency on the anime image, to make the text clearer )
PWGLE
Regular

Postby The real musiclover » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:03 am

Just had a squizz at your site and it has the top cut off, and i cant seem to adjust the browser (IE) to view it properly.

The drawing has the top of the characters head cut off and you can see some text, but as i say it's too high up, forgive my luddite/crude description but i thought i would mention it to you.

Did you draw the pic? Pencil? It's cool.
The real musiclover
Regular

PreviousNext