You are here

Skunk Radio Live / SRL Networks - another way to part people from their money

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Skunk Radio Live / SRL Networks - another way to part people from their money

Postby CS70 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Just got a generic mail - seemingly by said entity - stating they want to "invite me to an audition", signed by a "Steve M", supposedly general manager.

It does smell scam from a mile away, but checked the website anyway and voila', to have an audition one has to buy a 5 pounds ticket. Sic. It's well done tough - reminded me a bit of that time I came out of my little sports car, and a couple of very pretty ladies started flashing smiles at me and telling how good I was looking and to come over... and it took a full one and a half seconds to realize a) how they were dressed b) that I was in the wrong part of the town.

Now, the reason I post it here is that this radio is supposed to be an UK entity ("SRL Networks Ltd") and googling it reveals an UK address: "SRL Networks, 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2RE, United Kingdom"

As SOS is British, I wonder - any Londoners that are familiar with the place?

I will reply say it's gonna be awesome but they would have to pay the travel and accommodation costs for our 4-piece band plus kit, to London and back. Let's see.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Re: Skunk Radio Live / SRL Networks - another way to part people from their money

Postby Pete Kaine » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:02 pm

Now where have I seen this before....

{rapid google action}

Ahh... yes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IsItBullshit/comments/2s89q7/isitbu...
Pete Kaine
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Kit to fuel your G.A.S - https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/pro-audio

Re: Skunk Radio Live / SRL Networks - another way to part people from their money

Postby OneWorld » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 pm

Course it stinks - it's SKUNK!
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby CS70 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Alas, not a beep in reply to my proposal of them paying for the travel.

I did, however, received a seemingly unrelated mail the day after marketing another "service" (placing music in some billboard, dont remember).

Sic.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Postby goldenskyhook » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Sad. Ya gotta wonder about people who try to scam musicians, given that only about 1% of us have ANY money at all, and that's because we have wives/girlfriends/dayjob/pension. You'd think they'd go after people who actually have money to steal.
goldenskyhook

Postby blinddrew » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 am

goldenskyhook wrote:Sad. Ya gotta wonder about people who try to scam musicians, given that only about 1% of us have ANY money at all, and that's because we have wives/girlfriends/dayjob/pension. You'd think they'd go after people who actually have money to steal.
Quote of the week! :D
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby mblackmoon » Tue May 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Back in 2007 (when they were A&R); I paid $500.00 for assistance and support in getting advertising agents to notice my music. I was desperate at the time and needed to build my own business, so I took the chance and rolled the dice. But they just took the money and ran. I remember getting one call from them and that call was only to sell me more of their "services". It's not worth it (even out of desperation). It would have been better to get out on the street and sell door to door.
mblackmoon