You are here

How to get a song tu an artist?

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

How to get a song tu an artist?

Postby Music in my mind 13 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 am

:thumbup: hello :-) so most of you might have heard the amazing song how to save a life by the fray. It's a wonderful masterpiece as it guide you through understanding the depth of drug addiction related problems. This song made me so happy and is so inspiring that I wrote a song for the bands vocalist, Isaac Slade. But I would really value some advice on how to get it to him. I already have some contact addresses such as his record labels publicist, some radio personalities and reporters who have interviewed them or have the resources to do it. I was wondering which other ideas would you think I'd find helpful to get my tune to the singer? I know it's hard but I'm giving it my best and trying to make it big. I've been working hard for the last days to make it Great quality. If you think this can't be made, please be respectful :-) music is about being kind with each other. Thank you so much for your advice :-) God bless take care
Music in my mind 13
Regular
Please check out my youtube channel. Thank you! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi2k8c1nS8OYyOoJLm9xgJg

Re: How to get a song tu an artist?

Postby blinddrew » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:17 am

Is he active on social media? Have a look on the usual platforms and see if he runs a personal account, if so he may be open to a direct approach.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby OneWorld » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:23 pm

The agent or management?
OneWorld
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Uncovered Pitch » Tue May 02, 2017 3:07 pm

The way I see it is that the problem is not so much about getting the song to Isaac Slade but the fact that in general the people whose songs we like the most don't take outside songs! They simply don't need them because they're such great writers themselves and only write alone or with their bands/trusted co-writers.

Many of the world's best commercial songwriters would probably want to pitch their songs to Coldplay, U2, Radiohead or even Ed Sheeran but instead make sure they can somehow get them to One Direction's or Ariana Grande's A&R. And even those pop artists increasingly co-write every song they sing, not least because it means they make more money through publishing!

So it's a long shot but I would try and find a recent Twitter or other social media account and start a conversation there. The best-case scenario would be for him to like your song and suggest that you collaborate on a new one. Him covering your existing song outright like a Rod Stewart is the least likely scenario in my opinion-of course I would be very pleased to be proved wrong. Good luck!
Uncovered Pitch