You are here

What to do with a music video...?

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

What to do with a music video...?

Postby KJF » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

Like many a muso these days I've just finished a video for one of my songs - shot edited by yours truly and posted on YouTube. Thing is, apart from YouTube what else can you do to promote a video and song? Do publishers respond to YouTube links? Record companies, etc - assuming that approach is still relevant these days. I really have no idea. Plain fact is, lot of effort gone into making it. It would be satisfying just to know it's doing 'a few rounds' so to speak...

Here's a link. I hope I'm not infringing on any SOS forum rules by doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxP5GyqsFl4&t=28s
KJF
Regular

Re: What to do with a music video...?

Postby CS70 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 pm

A video is marketing material, so you should market it :)

Set up a facebook campaign to share it, share it on Instagram/Vimeo, send the link when you want to book gigs, send it to your local tv station, set up a projector and show it before a gig and so forth :)

The idea is to build buzz around your name (or the band's). Unless you have the resources and connections of a well established major, it takes time, resources and effort and it's far from a given that leads to something.. but trying is part of the fun.

And maybe invest in a stabilizer? :D
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video  and the FB page

Re: What to do with a music video...?

Postby Eazy360 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:12 pm

CS70 wrote:A video is marketing material, so you should market it :)

Set up a facebook campaign to share it, share it on Instagram/Vimeo, send the link when you want to book gigs, send it to your local tv station, set up a projector and show it before a gig and so forth :)

The idea is to build buzz around your name (or the band's). Unless you have the resources and connections of a well established major, it takes time, resources and effort and it's far from a given that leads to something.. but trying is part of the fun.

And maybe invest in a stabilizer? :D

I agree with everything this person says. You need to put the word out there man!
Eazy360
Poster