You are here

[SoundCloud] my music

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

[SoundCloud] my music

Postby barbarianBar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:29 pm

Hey Guys,
i wanted to know your opinion, about my music and the mix and others,
i will love to know everything that can help me be better.
you will note i don't have genre

https://soundcloud.com/bar-olivkovich-696579197/
barbarianBar
New here

Re: [SoundCloud] my music

Postby Argiletonne » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm harshly critical of others music but here's what I can say without being brutally honest,...

If you like music and have the time to write or produce music among all your other attachments in life you should keep doing music. Everyone starts somewhere and most people never start at the top of their game. There is always a learning period which I'm sure you know based on your piano playing meaning you sound like you play well enough to know something about the piano.

I've always felt as though the piano is a great instrument on its own but when mixed with digital technologies and artificial sounds loses the quality inherently known to be piano music. The piano is an all or nothing kind of instrument for me, unless the music is classical.

Your productions are obviously self produced but the songwriting itself isn't terrible, it's cheesy sounding though.
Argiletonne
Poster

Re: [SoundCloud] my music

Postby ReadySaltedChris » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:21 am

Argiletonne wrote:I'm harshly critical of others music but here's what I can say without being brutally honest,...

There's nothing wrong with brutal honesty. It can be quite helpful if done in a friendly and constructive way.

IMO
ReadySaltedChris
Regular