You are here

Advice on Bidding for work

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Advice on Bidding for work

Postby FastnBulbous » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:17 pm

So I've had some success with fiverr.com but want to expand on other sites that involve bidding for work and I'm still very much a noob at this whole making money from music thing.

Does anyone have any advice on making a good bid? I'm fairly happy with my portfolio now, I just want to make sure my communication is as effective as possible.

Any advice is very much appreciated.
FastnBulbous
Poster

Re: Advice on Bidding for work

Postby James Perrett » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:48 pm

Personal contacts, and making sure that Google knows about your business are far more effective for me at the moment.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby voiceoverchap » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 am

You could try People per Hour.
I find that getting a bid in fast and responding to replies really quickly always helps. Have a nicely written standard bidding message saved on your desktop so you can paste it in and amend rather than typing one from scratch every time. And of course, always do a great job! :thumbup:
voiceoverchap
New here
Voiceover Paul Sound Forge Pro 11, Omnisphere, Maschine 2, Waves, Halion Sonic 2 Professional voice over

Postby RSWOnline » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:23 am

I want to echo what has already been said. Having a clear concise initial message is very important. The most important thing for any "bidding" website is without a doubt, follow up. Follow up with people until they pretty much tell you to stop. You have to use the line of communication you have with them. If they give you a phone number reach out through there too. Obviously make sure to wait to see if you hear back from the initial contact but follow up is my biggest advice.
RSWOnline
Matthew
Rittenhouse SoundWorks
https://www.rittenhousesoundworks.com