You are here

Need help finalizing and releasing my music

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Need help finalizing and releasing my music

Postby Bloodyhell619 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:09 pm

Ok so I need some serious help and advise for my tracks.
I have a few electronic tracks that are pretty much done but since I dont have much mixing and mastering knowledge and what to do after I need help.
I dont think there is much point in uploading my tracks online because they dont sound mastered and might have issues with some notes but I am kinda confident that these tracks could get big attention if they are finalized. Do labels help in any way in such a situation? would they accept unmastered music ? Should or could I even get a music producer to finish them ? Can anyone plaese set me in the right direction? I dont really know what catagory these tracks would even fall under maybe like dark electro, dark techno or aggrotech instrumental tracks and most feel like movie sound tracks.
My big problem is that I live in Iran so my hands are very tied as there are literally no music producers or labels for this kinda music here nor could I get much info or release them here so it has to be some online solution.
As I also said some of these tracks I am sure would be really great for like movies or videos game sound tracks as for most of them I have piano versions too. How could I get my tracks into such platforms?
For one song I even have like 80% of a lyric done but that again needs finishing and mastering though again I am kinda confident that the lyrics are quite unique. How could I get help with lyrics also?
Bloodyhell619

Re: Need help finalizing and releasing my music

Postby BJG145 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 pm

Bloodyhell619 wrote:Do labels help in any way in such a situation? would they accept unmastered music ? Should or could I even get a music producer to finish them ?

I think you'd probably need to get them sounding very nearly finished, if not finished, before you could get a label to work with them.

If you could upload a link to a track or two, the folks here could give you an idea how much work they need, and you may be able to hire someone to do a final mix/master on them as required.

You might be able to find some marketing ideas in this recent SOS series on library music.
BJG145
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby James Perrett » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:17 pm

There are people who can mix your work for you and then others who can master it (some do both although it is always better to use different people for each stage). It is perfectly possible to do this at a distance so you could get someone in Europe or the US involved just as easily as someone closer to home provided you don't want to be looking over their shoulder all the time.

Around here both Zukan and The Elf are well renowned professional mixers (and friendly helpful people too) who might be able to help.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby The Elf » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Yes, I'm happy to help, but I need to know what I'm up against. An example or two would help.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.