You are here

List of songs/artists/copyright holders that allow their content to be sampled

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: List of songs/artists/copyright holders that allow their content to be sampled

Postby alexlimbert » Fri May 03, 2019 8:04 am

zenguitar, Sorry, I am not following what you are asking me, what you are talking about, the references you are making or the link you provided.
alexlimbert
Poster

Re: List of songs/artists/copyright holders that allow their content to be sampled

Postby Guest » Fri May 03, 2019 10:32 am

Just to point out that the verb 'to copyright' does not exist in U.K. law. If you write something, stuff it in the cupboard, someone sneaks in, takes it and releases it, it is still your copyright - assuming you can prove it of course.

Postby Watchmaker » Fri May 03, 2019 11:33 am

alexlimbert wrote:If you can't tell by my post let me spell it out for you. I'm looking for people who allow their content to be used. Please try and read better. Furthermore, I'm looking for vintage tones from old recordings to create my own riffs and work so please quit with the assumption the work isn't mine. It's like me saying the manufacturers of your drum set, skins, cymbals and sticks really created your work, not you.

ooh testy! my my. Perhaps your motives ARE suspect which explains your defensiveness. But I assure you, I was intending to be supportive as it seems your understanding was incomplete.

Being a nice guy, I'll try again, this time with censure and bit of distaste because I'm less supportive now.

Most people want to be reimbursed for their work, which is why there are copyright laws. Perhaps if you learned what caused those "vintage tones" to sound that way, you could achieve that effect quite a bit more easily by using very simple techniques without the potential to infringe on other people's work. Just a thought.
Watchmaker
Frequent Poster
Take my advice, I'm not using it.

Postby alexlimbert » Sat May 04, 2019 8:24 am

Read the subject line and let that sit in. If you still think I am trying to steal stuff. Read again.
alexlimbert
Poster

Previous